Light-O-Rama Forums

CCP/CCB Controllers - are they interchangeable?

wbaker4

I see on the LOR site that the firmware for the CCB and CCP controllers is the same.

Does that mean if one of my CCP controllers stops working, I can substitute a CCB controller for it?

I have 2 spare CCB controllers, but no spare CCP controller.

Thanks in advance.

Walt

The controllers are the same and so are the pixels the only difference is the bulbs have the plastic caps to make them look like C9's

There is one minor difference. For CCPs, if you see a pinkish color rather than white when they're full on there's a box that needs checking in the CCR-CCB config screen. It's near the center of the right column. Can't recall what it says exactly, and I don't have any controllers connected so I can't check, but it's something that when you read it you'll say "Huh?". I had no issues with my CCPs but just for giggles I tried it both ways and didn't see any difference.

Edited by George Simmons

Thanks for the replies.  

I had noticed a 'P' written on one of the components in the CCP controller, and a 'B' on one of the components in the CCB controllers.  This was part of my confusion until I saw the common firmware update file for both.

Walt

• The topic was locked