Light-O-Rama Forums

Where to get CD's or lossless audio files

jeffl

Some of my songs are in .wav format and some (cuts) in low quality .mp3 (128kbps) . I want to get all my songs in the same quality as the .wav or close to it.  I have the .mp3 for these songs from Amazon but they are still only 200kpbs.  

The question I have is, where can you buy the CD's for these or buy a lossless format like a .wav?  I have searched high and low and can only find mp3.

Amazing Grace (2008 Party Version) Yule
         CD Dancing Christmas 2007

Carol of the Bells Monique Danielle
         CD Christmas With Monique Danielle

Silent Night  - Sinead O'Connor 

Music Box Dancer  - DJ Schwede

Converting them from mp3 to wav won't upscale the bitrate. I want to start out with a lossless format and try to keep it there or at least keep it the best quality I can.

You can always buy the CD.  That's what almost all of my music is from.

As for low bitrate mp3, because it's a compressed format, "CD quality" is generally considered to be 128kb/s (or some people consider 96kb/s).  Personally when I rip a CD to mp3 I generally use 192kb/s.  As I recall, the couple Amazon downloads I did were are 256kb/s (which actually surprised me that it was that high).  What I'm saying with this is that using an Amazon mp3 download is certainly good enough for almost anything you would want to do.

When I need music I go to Ebay and find the full CD. usually under 5.00 shipped.

Then I have the original forever. With more songs that I may or may not like.

I use WinAmp to rip it.

I convert all my songs to MP3 192kbps format, that is the actual CD Quality, High Quality is actually 320kbps and I believe HD is higher, but since I don't use HD, I never really have looked at it, but think it's more like DVD Pro Audio Quality from what one of my commercial converters states.

I download everything to 192kbps MP3, but I can also convert any MP3 to a WAV lossless format, LOR prefers at a minimum 128kbps for best results, but I've been using 192kbps using an oler DC-MP3 Director for a couple years, used a PC this year, but still maintain the 192k, it just sounds better than 128k to me.

But you should be able to locate or find free audio converters on the internet to convert your files to the WAV lossless format you want to use.   At least all the converters I've seen and tried usually includes that option, but I always go back to my commercial editor, it just does a much better job than the "freebies" on converting my files to what I need.

Edited by Orville