Light-O-Rama Forums

High Speed Com Settings

derekb

When you guys change network speed in LOR network settings, do you also go into the PC settings and change the speed of that COM port or leave them at the default 9600? If so, what do you set your COM port for the 500 speed? 460K? Thanks

Edited by derekb

So is the speed just an LOR thing and not actually the speed of the port? So the port is always running the same speed?

No the speed is not always the same. The computer and device can not carry on an effective conversation unless both are talking at the same speed. So, What Don is saying is that setting the speed in S.E. will over ride the comm port setting in the computers device page. So be sure that the comm speed in S.E. is the same as the controller.

Ahh, ok. I didn't realize that. That's good to know. I was thinking like back in the old days when you needed to make sure your port settings matched your modem to get the full throughput. On another note, am I correct that I do need a USB dongle for each network I setup? I am wanting to split my CCR's from my AC controllers. Thanks for both your help.

Ah yes the good old days when you had to set up not only your speed in the device manager. but installing a new card on the buss required you to set up the interupts, RMA(?) and address of the card. it has been some time ago and I am starting to forget the bad old days myself. LOL

But i regress, yes you are on the right track, you will need a dongle for each network.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked