Light-O-Rama Forums

program lagging behind

banshee911

Hi, I've noticed lately that my lor ( I have the latest ver.)program is lagging behind, what I mean by that is I can say run my rgb from super star in sequence editor and during playback you can see the timeline on the screen hesitate for a split sec. causing the lights to do crazy things, not what I programmed, any suggestions? I'm running windows vista, I have met the min requirements. I check audio bit rates, usb ports, It also will do it on other songs not just this one. Thanks for any help.

I also have the latest version and am noticing Lag time if I have more than one track showing on the screen.   You can actually watch the play bar stop on one track and watch it continue on the other tracks.  During one test I had 3 tracks open, NO RGB's and only 5 channels in each and all three had play bars moving back and forth not in sync even though the music sounded OK and the time frame was the same for all three tracks.

The S.E. is a resource hog (PERIOD). Try this. Under the PLAY drop down, turn off all of the checks in the lower half of the drop down. These are the animations like changing the color of the channel titles. Moves the vertical line on the cells and wave form. By getting rid of these items, the computer will have more resources to update the vis screen. Help me a lot to have a smooth vis screen.

The S.E. is a resource hog (PERIOD). Try this. Under the PLAY drop down, turn off all of the checks in the lower half of the drop down. These are the animations like changing the color of the channel titles. Moves the vertical line on the cells and wave form. By getting rid of these items, the computer will have more resources to update the vis screen. Help me a lot to have a smooth vis screen.

I will give that a try.  I really didn't think 15 channels would bog it down.  I wasn't even running the vis screen.  I figured it had more to do with the number of tracks

Sorry, that is a common problem with vis screen. Geez how many tracks can you have with only 15 channels? Then I have to ask when was the last time you rebooted your computer. And how many things loaded up in your tool bar, both sides?

Ok let me clarify.  I setup a new sequence because I was working in Papagayo and had 2 voices separated by tracks and I was using the tracks to help line up the cut and pasted parts to the song from papagayo for each voice.  So No I don't use a lot of tracks for 15 channels it was just a easy way to scroll to different locations of the song for cut and paste and getting the alignment correct.  However that would be funny only 15 channels and lets say 30 tracks.  

So I had 3 tracks each had 5 channels.  Once I got them correct I was going to move them into the real sequence for myself and then into another for a friend.

LOR and Papagayo were the only things running and yes I know I had windows open for a couple of days with out rebooting or what seems like a daily update.  Did I mention Windows sucks.  

Ok, well I misunderstood what was going on and so some of my suggestions was of no use. And now I need to back out cause I have no real suggestions. Sorry and good luck figuring out what is causing you, your problem.