Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence folder will not open

avionics12

After taking a break from the season I decided to get back into sequencing.  An odd occurence is happening.  The Sequence folder in either LOR or Superstar will not open as accustomed.  I tried the LORPost method to reset the folders, no help.  I can right click the folder and select Open Folder Location and then open the Sequence folder(s) in the next window that appears.  The Sequence folder is the only folder affected by this; all other folders open normally.  Any ideas on what is causing this?

Thanks!

This could be windows permissions on the folder. ...

Right click the folder, left click properties, then go to the security tab...

I would make sure that system and administrator is in the list there.

Thanks for the suggestion; System and Administrator have full permissions on both Sequence folders that do not open.  I tried a reboot and System Restore and there is no change.  Just when I thought I had some of this figured out... :(

First thing:  What version of Windows.  

Second: Can you rename the Sequence folder? Any name really..just want to see if you have write permission.  

Third: Is the sequence Folder empty when you open it in the second window?

Fourth: Can you Create a New Folder called sequence and test that folder?

Sorry I have nothing to add at this time other than a little humor till someone who can help comes along.

Are you sure you paid up your yearly dues?

Oh boy have I paid my dues... :D

First thing:  What version of Windows.  

Second: Can you rename the Sequence folder? Any name really..just want to see if you have write permission.  

Third: Is the sequence Folder empty when you open it in the second window?

Fourth: Can you Create a New Folder called sequence and test that folder?

I'm running Win7 and I've tried renaming the folder; no joy.  I have a call with a LOR tech this Friday so maybe we can get this sorted out.

Thanks for the replies, I needed the humor!

I had a remote session with DevMike today.  I think Grinch had it right although we will probably never know for sure.  Mike did a great job of discovering the problem which was-the sequence folder had a circular reference to itself, that is, if the sequence folder was selected it went back to itself rather than opening the next level file(s).  The front end sequence folder was likely corrupted by something I did, although I don't know what that would be. :(   Mike backed up my files and created a new folder and copied the individual files into new folders.   He then used LORPost and remapped to the new folder.  I'm happy, joyous and free now.

This is why LOR rocks!  The Customer Service and expertise that Mike provided was exceptional because he took the time to explain what was going on, what he was doing, and what I needed to do in the near future.  It is worth saying that this was not a LOR problem; it was somehow caused by me.  To go above and beyond to help a Customer in this fashion is an aspect of Customer service that is sorely needed in other service sectors.

Thanks Mike and LOR, I am grateful that you helped and have a great product that you stand by, even when the Customer is at fault.

That is Great news.  Your story also reminds the rest of us why we should not complain about a few dollars more for a product we purchase from LOR.  The alternative is buying from China and lets guess how much support we would get from there for a problem that was not theirs.  

Thanks LOR