How do you remove baked on Duct tape

kzaas

We had an abnormally warm winter and it baked all of my duct tape. When I run a wire across a sidewalk I tape it down to reduce trip hazards, well this year it left a mess and I was wondering how some of you clean it up. I have used a pressure washer in the past but it was still pretty hard and a lot of work.

Does any one have any suggestions???

Thanks for all of the answers, I tried Goo off last year and it did not work. I think the Farmers insurance method will work the best...Then Allstate will build me a new house around the tape that remains on the concrete :D  :D. I don't think my neighbors would appreciate the dynamite method, it might rattle thier windows too much. I would have never thought of WD40 or olive oil, it could possibly work but won't it stain the concrete? I have used muratic acid in the past to clean car oil stains off the driveway so that might work also.

I really appreciate all of your input, I know what I am doing this weekend. HI ho hi ho its off to work I go....

Thanks again

Ken

You could try M.E.K. It's a strong paint thinner. I use it to get glue off of steel. You can find it at,Sherwin Williams.

You could also try a pressure washer. I use a 5000 PSI, 5 GPM unit at work. Set the temp to 200F, and clean away

You could try M.E.K. It's a strong paint thinner. I use it to get glue off of steel. You can find it at,Sherwin Williams.

You could also try a pressure washer. I use a 5000 PSI, 5 GPM unit at work. Set the temp to 200F, and clean away

Nasty stuff, too and I have to work with it daily