Light-O-Rama Forums

a warning about zip ties

portcity_gt

I know several of you use them in your displays (myself included), I always try to pass this info on when I can....if you have small children or grandchildren in the house they can easily get them stuck on a finger or worse the long ones around their neck! So please keep them put up away from the little ones.

I hate to ask, but did a kid get hurt recently by them?

On a lighter note, i have taught my girls to never ever put anything around their neck or over their head. My 7 year old is Autistic, low on the scale, but pays very good attention to what i say or how i am doing something. She saw how i put the zip ties together, i now have a 50 foot long zip tie.

My kids have never been hurt by them but ive heard of it happening before.

my boy is two and he just "has" to help dady do everything, and just cringe at the thought of the nightmare it would be if he got one of those things stuck on him.

so I always like to pass on the info...keep them put away from kids reach when not in use and keep in mind if it does happen while you're using them, stay calm and remember they can be released with a small screwdriver or knife tip.

My kids have never been hurt by them but ive heard of it happening before.

my boy is two and he just "has" to help dady do everything, and just cringe at the thought of the nightmare it would be if he got one of those things stuck on him.

so I always like to pass on the info...keep them put away from kids reach when not in use and keep in mind if it does happen while you're using them, stay calm and remember they can be released with a small screwdriver or knife tip.

What parent doesnt think of stuff like this. Plastic bags have always been my thing. Some stores around here still use them so when i get them after unloading my groceries i always rip them. My girls are 5 and 7 now, but i still do it. Just wait tell you mention to yer wife that you are going out to the garage to work on the car and find your 7 and 5 year old neatly lining up ALL your tools on the floor for ya in front of the car.

I love Zip-Ties!

They are so much more comfortable than regular handcuffs... :)

Agreed it makes my hands turn to a nice purple shade.

Edited by TitusCarnathan

I hate to ask, but did a kid get hurt recently by them?

On a lighter note, i have taught my girls to never ever put anything around their neck or over their head. My 7 year old is Autistic, low on the scale, but pays very good attention to what i say or how i am doing something. She saw how i put the zip ties together, i now have a 50 foot long zip tie.

Soooo....... What are you going to do with a 50 foot ziptie? :P  :P  :P

This thread is a good safety tip for all who have little ones. I'd have never thunk about that and safety is part of my job. Thanks for posting.

Soooo....... What are you going to do with a 50 foot ziptie? :P  :P  :P

This thread is a good safety tip for all who have little ones. I'd have never thunk about that and safety is part of my job. Thanks for posting.

My kids convinced  me to zip tie their moms car shut. She couldnt get in.

Zip-Ties are for drive shafts.

If you want to mess with someone put a zip tie on the drive shaft.

As they speed up and slow down the clicking is just awesome.

+1 to Portcity, my kids are all grown, BUT the grand kids are hanging around. VERY good point TY.

Greg

• The topic was locked