Light-O-Rama Forums

What is there to live for now?

tbetgeorge

Christmas is so far away!!! What is there to live for now???

Now to find new life meaning until summer when it won't be too insane to start creating again ;)

Got the post Christmas blues?

Don't fret, there are many ways to cure them.

Assuming you have already planned your next years display you can start screening songs to create your final playlist

Sequence them

Tweak your sequences

Get ready for the spring sale.

Get ready for the summer sale

Next month, plan a mini. You can host it in August and meet other geeks

The post Christmas blues are cured by jumping back in to the hobby

I'm working on some new digital fireworks for my 4th of July show. You can do this all year around!

I still have to take the decorations off the house.  Everything that was on the ground has been put away.  Only to be put back up in another 10 months!!!!

I'm looking for new Christmas Songs.   My wife is going nuts listening to Christmas music in January,

Also looking around at the prices for dumb RGB 5050 12v strips for outling, etc.  Also to use for upgrading the garland and wreath on the house.

I am building my second E681 controller.  A few years back I bought a bunch of GE Color effects icicles.  I plan on using them along the front of the house on the gutters.  To that, I am also looking at building differential line drivers and receivers that will allow me to drive data lines for the icicles over distance.

Walt

10 months and they will be back !

I still have a ton of extension cords frozen on the ground...and lights on the house.

Monday it was finally nice around here (40) so I went outside to chip my icicle lights out of the the real icicles hanging on my house.  Surprisingly they survived being frozen inside the ice.  

Tried finding all the extension cords but there is to much snow covering them.  I will have to wait for better weather.

Monday it was finally nice around here (40) so I went outside to chip my icicle lights out of the the real icicles hanging on my house.  Surprisingly they survived being frozen inside the ice.  

Tried finding all the extension cords but there is to much snow covering them.  I will have to wait for better weather.

Did you have yours mounted on the gutters?  Getting iced will cause them to rust out.  Next year try getting them mounted under the gutters for better protection.

Scubado

As I was chipping them out I was thinking next year things had to change.  What type of bracket do you use to hang the lights?

I've sequenced two songs since I shut the show down. I sequence like its 2013 then later import my 2014 configuration file.

January is teardown

February is repairs

Jan and Feb are planning and prototyping for next year

March is LOR sale and bulk buys

April is nailing down the new channel configuration

May is converting old seq to new config

June is getting effects working with new config

July is Academy in Conroe, TX

July - Oct should be sequencing, but is always late

August is test all the controllers and lights

September is prepping for install and Halloween

October is Halloween and a time to start sneaking up the lights

November is panic time. Finish and test the install, tweak the sequences and start the show

December keeping it going and get inspired for next year

My wife wont even let me think about Christmas tell i have her Halloween display planned out. She just spent more of my money when she saw the giant spider web from Spiderwebman.

Save your marriage, get some head phones!

I'm looking for new Christmas Songs.   My wife is going nuts listening to Christmas music in January,

Christmas is so far away!!! What is there to live for now???

Now to find new life meaning until summer when it won't be too insane to start creating again ;)

I'm living to see what amazing gigantic musical instrument you plan on adding to your display next year! 

Scubado

As I was chipping them out I was thinking next year things had to change.  What type of bracket do you use to hang the lights?

I screwed in eye bolts large enough to slip 1/2" metal conduit through, painted to match and stays year round.  I hardly notice it's there.  I can hang numerous items from it and it keeps a straight line.

• The topic was locked