Light-O-Rama Forums

2014 Display

TitusCarnathan

It's That time of the year where you start to sequence your display. Here is my potential song list for this year (If time permits all the songs will be done). This year I am doing a major overhaul on my display layout.

2014 Song List

Wagon Wheel Darius Rucker

Sounds of Silence - Ventures

Walk Don’t Run Ventures

Viva Las Vegas - Johnny Ramone

10,000 Reasons Matt Redman

In God We Still Trust Diamond Rio

Amazing Grace Yule

Carol of the Bells David Foster

Dueling Jingle Bells Us Navy Band

NutRocker TSO

Five OClock World The Vogues

House on Christmas Street Judy Pancoast

Ring of Fire Johnny Cash

PA Polka

Music Box Dancer

Mary's Boy Child Boney M.

Joseph And Mary's Boy Alabama

Christmas In dixie Alabama

Thistlehair the Christmas Bear (edited) Alabama

Kung Pao Buckaroo Holiday Brad Paisley

Reflections of Earth (edited)

Deck the Halls Mannheim Steamroller

God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman Mannheim Steamroller

Good King Wenceslas

Hallelujah Chorus - Mannheim Steamroller

Hark the Herald Angles Sing Mannheim Steamroller

Carol of the Bells Mannheim Steamroller

Joy to the World Mariah Carey

All I want for Christmas Is you Mariah Carey

Christmas Mariah Carey

God Bless Us Everyone Celine Dion

Sleigh Ride Debbie Gibson

God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman BNLS

Christmas Eve TSO

Where Are you Christmas

Feliz Navidad Jose Feliciano

Christmas Vacation Mavis Staples

Wizards in Winter TSO

Faith Noel TSO

Queen of the Winter Night TSO

Wish Liszt TSO

Christmas Canon Rock TSO

I am going to try at least one song this year.  Carol of the Bells

This will be my 5th year with LOR and have just done animation so far

• 7 months later...

This will be my 3rd year. I think I've got like 37-38 songs fully sequenced. Its taken a lot of time to accomplish so for those here just starting, you need to get busy. I did so many songs, only to hopefully insure that anyone driving by will be assured they'll probably never hear the same song twice. As with the rest of us, we all tend to go back and fix areas needing attention as we "see" it. We also get ideas from watching each other's displays/videos and see things that would look nice in our displays. Anyway, time is running short...anyone planning a show this year, should have their props all but done and ready to put out and sequencing should be in process now.

this is my 2nd year, due to channel count changes and new hardware, I am starting over with 30 songs. this year. :)

This is my 9th year and I have 17 songs and many new props switched over to RGB. Its going to be a bright year....

Jeff

I come at it from a different angle. I like to do 5 or 6 new songs every year, and only play those songs. Obviously, elements change/update, but I like the idea of really honing in and polishing a handful of sequences (not saying those of you with large sequence numbers are not polished, just wouldn't work for me).

Then, that gives people who come by multiple times to see songs a few times and they become more familiar and start to notice some of those little details we all work so hard on.

Plus, keeps traffic from staying around forever. Again, not discounting the many song approach, just wanted to share my own thoughts on it.

I come at it from a different angle. I like to do 5 or 6 new songs every year, and only play those songs. Obviously, elements change/update, but I like the idea of really honing in and polishing a handful of sequences (not saying those of you with large sequence numbers are not polished, just wouldn't work for me). Then, that gives people who come by multiple times to see songs a few times and they become more familiar and start to notice some of those little details we all work so hard on. Plus, keeps traffic from staying around forever. Again, not discounting the many song approach, just wanted to share my own thoughts on it.

Same here. 4th year, started with about 24 and have done less each year like yourself, 10 this year.

Edited by jeff bush

I have adapted yet another approach....I have 6-7 songs per show and run 2 shows that alternate nights. If you stop by on an even calendar day you will see a show that is different than odd calendar days. Both shows are equal in length give or take a few minutes. Sequencing over 500 channels takes time and I have had lots of praises for putting together 2 shows. People like seeing a show that has an end and yet there is more on different days.

I'm only a stones throw away from Tower City Pa....I'll have to stop by this year

kevinkolal.com

Due to the limited extra free time I had this year the song list will be cut down to about 12+ songs.

This will be my 3rd year. I think I've got like 37-38 songs fully sequenced. Its taken a lot of time to accomplish so for those here just starting, you need to get busy. I did so many songs, only to hopefully insure that anyone driving by will be assured they'll probably never hear the same song twice. As with the rest of us, we all tend to go back and fix areas needing attention as we "see" it. We also get ideas from watching each other's displays/videos and see things that would look nice in our displays. Anyway, time is running short...anyone planning a show this year, should have their props all but done and ready to put out and sequencing should be in process now.

I'd have my props done but still waiting on the latest light shipment. Apparently shipment is delayed a month!  I've got a frame from one of those temporary carports that I'm going to have 72 CH of lights on. Frame is set up on the deck, just sitting there, no lights on it, just sitting there doing nothing in the warm soon to be gone sun. I hope they ship soon. :(  I don't want to have to do it all in the cold! I'm targeting 8-10 songs this year to have 2 15-20 minute shows that alternate on the half hour which should leave ample time for the crowds to disperse before the next show....

Crowds, might be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on the neighborhood where you live. If its freezing cold outside, then I wouldn't think you need a break between shows as people aren't going to just hang out. However, if you live in a closed end street and you have hundreds of cars lined up waiting to see your show, then you need to post signs as to when the show schedule runs so you don't have a lot of people feeling that they've wasted time in-line and no show when they finally get up there. We've all run the risk of shipments being delayed. You've still got three months to go before show time but yes, weather, temperature and so on, become factors that we deal with. All you can do is to do your best to keep your schedule going.

I'm busy remodeling the kitchen, doing the 2014 Corvette Caravan now, sequencing changes in my hotel rooms such as right now and when I get home tomorrow...kitchen first as things start hopping on it the day after and for the next week. Sequencing will fall into the slow times between things. I'm down to sequencing only the RGB stuff now as the regular strings are all done or were done before.

Edited by dgrant

• The topic was locked