Light-O-Rama Forums

First year decorating and on Good Morning America - what a rush!

tbetgeorge

Just finished taking down most of the lights - this past season has been such a rush! I knew I was doing something different but didn't expect all the attention! Within a few days of posting on Youtube I was on Good Morning America twice, CBS twice, and tons of newspapers around the world. On the night of the finale, 6 police officers were sent in just to help with traffic flow. It was nuts! Thanks to all of you who helped me start a new addiction! I'm scared how much crazier I'll be next year now that I'm encouraged to continue (even more so, my girlfriend!). Here's 3 of the 7 songs I did for my first year:

"Christmas Can-Can"

"Sarajevo"

"The Fox" - sorry, kids in the neighborhood really wanted me to!

• Like 1

Sarajevo gave me some goose bumps! Excellent job. I did see you on Channel 5. I guess you are the "most famous" christmas-lighter i've met in person (at the very first LOR meeting I attended). When you said you were "actually going to play the notes" you weren't kidding (I even checked a few on my piano)  :). It helps having your music background of course. I guess you didn't have to test how water-proof the drum set was since we had no rain. I wish I could say I gave you some excellent advice at that first meeting that led you to success, but alas i had nothing to offer. Great job and I can't wait to see what you do next year.

Tony

• Like 1

Sarajevo gave me some goose bumps! Excellent job. I did see you on Channel 5. I guess you are the "most famous" christmas-lighter i've met in person (at the very first LOR meeting I attended). When you said you were "actually going to play the notes" you weren't kidding (I even checked a few on my piano)  :). It helps having your music background of course. I guess you didn't have to test how water-proof the drum set was since we had no rain. I wish I could say I gave you some excellent advice at that first meeting that led you to success, but alas i had nothing to offer. Great job and I can't wait to see what you do next year.

Tony

Thanks, Tony! It's a huge learning curve though. I read your post about taking awhile to setup - I know what you mean! Do you have any pics or video of the finished product? 

Thanks, Tony! It's a huge learning curve though. I read your post about taking awhile to setup - I know what you mean! Do you have any pics or video of the finished product? 

Yes I finally posted some video of the one song I was able to finish.

Wow! Great job on the arches! They look super clean and well-executed. I had the intention of making some too and even bought all the material, just ran out of time. Maybe next year, ha!

• 1 month later...
  • The topic was locked