Light-O-Rama Forums

New to light o rama

Steelers95

Im new to light o rama, this year was my first year and I started off with a 16 channel controller. im looking to expand and want to add leaping arches to my display but the cosmic color ribbons are too expensive. im looking for different ways to make these. I found something called rainbow pixels through seasonal entertainment and was wondering if anyone has used these before and could let me know the quality of these. I have also thought about taking dumb nodes and cutting them up into small sections and using the cmb 24d controller to control them. Does anyone have any ideas or input on rainbow pixels?

RGB nodes are cheaper then CCR's. I have looked into them for my arches this year but dont think i will, probably wait tell next year seeing as how i am already spending a ton on controllers this year.

Hi Steelers95 I use both ccr;s from light o rama have 16 and also have many products from seasonal entertainment I use on my house 14 strings of the C9 dunb pixels and have 5 sets of theC9 Smart pixels from seasonel ent. If you have nothing right now other then one lor 16 channel controller I don't really think theirs is a big difference in price the ccr complete is $250.00 50nodes 16 1/2 ft strip plug in ready to go rainbow pixel mini 42 nodes 14ft long $36.00 power and dmx blender $25.00 pixel controller $40.00 power supply $34.00 dmx dongle $57.00 1m extension cable $7.50 total $199.95 this runs in dmx protocol so a little work to make it work to do with dumb strips 1 string dumb 50 nodes $18.00 if you want eight segments on your arch you will have to cut string apart and solder 8 leads on an run them to a dc controller Lor 24 channel dc board %100.00 still need 12volt power supply $34.00 plus misc connectors and wire $15.00 total $167.00 whatever way you go you also need a waterproof enclouser $10.00? goodluck its fun

I think the light o rama is the top of the line seasonal ent high quality also some stuff from china more do it yourself type you never no what your buying