Light-O-Rama Forums

How long do you play your Halloween lights?

Drac

Hello all,

Thinking about how long the shows play for.  Christmas is easy, Amy only allows Black Friday to News Year's Day for Christmas carols.  No negotiation.

What about Halloween?  Just Halloween night seems like a lot of work for two-three hours but how do your neighbors feel about it playing for a week or more?

Thanks,

Jim

I start oct 1 and run it tell halloween people love to come by and see It I have 200 halloween and rock songs that I use about 30 a day for 7 days then repeats

I start setup the first weekend in October, and it usually takes two weekends, As soon as I'm setup I start running.  50% of what I put up stays up for December. First weekend in Nov has me taking down Halloween and setting up Christmas, though I hold off lighting until Dec 1.

I also usually run from 10/1 through 10/31.  Halloween night the show runs 'til midnight.  I also use outdoor speakers with an amplifier on low for folks walking, jogging or bicycling by as well as an FM transmitter.   I also usually run from around 7:30pm-10pm Sunday through Thursday and 11pm Friday and Saturday, again, with Halloween being 'til midnight.

I also play Halloween themed songs during the daylight hours from 7am-7:25pm.

Hooray, the "Edit" button has returned!

Edited by Orville

I run my Halloween lights about a week before Halloween itself but they are only an annimation sequence. On Halloween itself, I turn on music for the trickortreaters at the front yard, but the lights are the same. The lady of the house uses blowups/inflatables...its her show. I don't allow them for Christmas.

Thanks guys.  I'll work on seeing how long the Lady of the House lets me run the Halloween lighting.  Like I said she already has set the boundaries for CHristmas.

Jim

Sorry guys, Halloween is merely cover for putting up Christmas lights early, nothing more. I would already have the 400 Halloween lights down, but they are layered under 5600 Christmas lights that will need to come down first.

Sorry guys, Halloween is merely cover for putting up Christmas lights early, nothing more. I would already have the 400 Halloween lights down, but they are layered under 5600 Christmas lights that will need to come down first.

I don't think my Halloween Blowmolds would look too well in my Christmas display! :blink:

However, I have at times used my Orange and Purple LED and incandescents in my Christmas display at times. ;)

Wife wants me to add singing pumpkin to the 9th Street Mortuary, Cemetery, and Crematorium. Not sure how that will fit in but most of that display doesn't go out until Halloween day so it will allow me to run something other than just a few strings of lights leading up to the holiday.

Tour 9thstreetlights Halloween show....

I usually run Halloween from the 2nd weekend before, thru Halloween night.

This year I got some press in the local paper and was nudged to run longer.

If you can, get the word out... people seem hungry for something (free) to do that time of year.

Halloween is a blast and so different than Christmas... looking forward to it!

Enjoy!

tj