Light-O-Rama Forums

Beginner RGB Explanation?

Arteom

Got it thanks! Now when ordering LED's do you have any feeling toward the IP67/IP68 LEDs? IP67 In the silicone tube, IP68 in silicone filled, silicone tube, IP68 runs almost $100 more per 50M than the IP67, we had only a single rain this holiday season in CA, Last year only two, I'm not sure if its worth the extra money? 

Got it thanks! Now when ordering LED's do you have any feeling toward the IP67/IP68 LEDs? IP67 In the silicone tube, IP68 in silicone filled, silicone tube, IP68 runs almost $100 more per 50M than the IP67, we had only a single rain this holiday season in CA, Last year only two, I'm not sure if its worth the extra money? 

I have all three kinds for different applications. I prefer the tube type for outdoor use, but the epoxy kind is good too and easier to splice.

I have all three kinds for different applications. I prefer the tube type for outdoor use, but the epoxy kind is good too and easier to splice.

Interesting, I've had the epoxy drip ones before and they always fail with the slightest touch of water, but is it worth to pay the extra for the silicone tube to be filled (IP68), or a hollow tube(IP67) is enough for rain protection? 

Interesting, I've had the epoxy drip ones before and they always fail with the slightest touch of water, but is it worth to pay the extra for the silicone tube to be filled (IP68), or a hollow tube(IP67) is enough for rain protection? 

Hollow tube, but it's your choice.

Hollow tube, but it's your choice.

It was my choice from the get go! Hope to see you at the Sacramento meeting, most likely gonna be there! 

Remembering that I using LOR for year round landscape lighting so stuff sits outside all the time.  I have both RGB dumb strips and WS2811 smart strips that are hollow tube.  Never had one leak.  My pixel strings that are used on a pixel tree are IP68.  The lawn sprinklers water the bottom few feet of the tree every 3 days while the tree is up for the Christmas season.

Remembering that I using LOR for year round landscape lighting so stuff sits outside all the time.  I have both RGB dumb strips and WS2811 smart strips that are hollow tube.  Never had one leak.  My pixel strings that are used on a pixel tree are IP68.  The lawn sprinklers water the bottom few feet of the tree every 3 days while the tree is up for the Christmas season.

Thats reassuring to know... I was really worried going with IP67, none the less I ordered one strip to test, but with what I've been hearing IP67 seems more than enough for me! 

I don't really water the lawn here once the lights go up, so that shouldn't be too much of a problem, plus Im not adding any RGB to my mega tree this year. 

Thanks for your input Jim, I really appreciate it! 

• The topic was locked