Light-O-Rama Forums

Converter?

jerry72

Can some one tell me what converter from the LOR website i can use to control my Renard boards with the LOR software? I have 4 Renard boards and am looking at the S3 Standard software. I may someday upgrade to the advanced. There are 6 different converters to chose from.

LOR does not 'speak' Renard.  I believe there is a way to make Renard boards 'speak' DMX, but I'm not fluent in the Renard realm.  If so, you can set them up as DMX devices in LOR and use the S3 software suite.

Two things-you need to run the renard DMX firmware and the ts485 polarity is reversed.

LOR software doesn't support renard protocol.

Got the answers i needed. ALl i have to do is load the Renard firmware onto the boards then use a ActiDongle from Coro. LOR will then run the boards.

Along with the Converter i got my only other question answered about programming the boards with DMX firmware and using a Pickit3. I am ready to go now. Just need to get 2 more boards and get them built.

Got the answers i needed. ALl i have to do is load the Renard firmware onto the boards then use a ActiDongle from Coro. LOR will then run the boards.

You may find that you need the Advanced version of S3 to use DMX through the Actidongle.

You may find that you need the Advanced version of S3 to use DMX through the Actidongle.

Yeah I planned on getting it because unlike some of you guys who have a lot more talent then me, i am going to buy the Super Star as well. I can learn from it.

remember we were all beginners at one time

Well i am thinking that the Super Star Sequencer may actually kind of help me learn. Some people can see the music and the timing in their head, but not me. I can see an engine torn apart and put back together in my head but over the last few weeks of playing with LOR i just cant seem to see it.