Light-O-Rama Forums

+10,000 Channels and A Giant Clock!

thebaronn

Hello!

I was all set to video all my songs this year..... I was able to get a decent recording of A Mad Russian's Christmas but on the 2nd take(I noticed the left mini tree was slightly cut out of the frame) I lost a chunk of the clock pixels. After smacking them with a PVC pipe did nothing(It worked earlier)I gave up... And well, since the season is over, I am highly unmotivated to climb up on a ladder to fix anything. And in all honesty, all I did was revamp my mini trees and change the pixel screen to a Clock Tower. Let me know what you think and I hope you enjoy.

I have learned that A Mad Russian's Christmas is entirely too long a song and next year I will take care of that! But even though it doesn't come out well in the video, the dancing Nutcracker at the end of the song is pretty sweet and the kids loved it!

And just in case yoou missed it, here is the New Year's Song!

Very nice - I like that a lot better than the big screen.  Does the clock actually tell the time?

Very nice - I like that a lot better than the big screen.  Does the clock actually tell the time?

Yes sir!! The clock does tell time!

I purchased the mechanism and hands from The Big Clock Store.

Lol!!

Thank you,

Eric

• 1 month later...

Thank you James!

Funny story! 

So the weather has been so bad out here in California :P that I put off taking my clock tower down. Well today was the day!

I live in a area with a large Sikh population (of my 5 neighbors, 3 of them are Sikh households). My neighbor directly across the street is an older gentlemen that is some sort of Elder at the Sikh temple. He always looks like a million bucks (where I roll out of bed looking rough to take on the day). He walks around the neighborhood constantly (probably walks more in a day than I walk in a year). He wears traditional Sikh clothes and has a large Kirpan (giant knife) strapped to his chest and is a very nice person. Apparently he lives a very minimalist life with none of electronic devices that I have grown so dependent on!  In 2012 my wife was helping me move our Ultimate Coro Mega Tree and he happened to be walking around and came over to help us (It was 3AM!!!). On Halloween night when we go loud and live, he always has a large gathering at his house and people sitting in lawn chairs watching every show, so I know he doesn't have an problem with the lights.  But, I always to worry a little because he get the brunt of the brightness 5pm-9pm for 3 weeks in October and all of December. Today I finally get the clock down and I hear his front door slam and he jogs over, "why did you take it down? I liked the clock, it told me the time when walking." I said thank you very much. He said I was welcome and nodded and walked back to his house.

It was a small thing, but that pretty much made my day/week/year so far.

• Like 3

Hey Baron, how big is the clock (yes, I went looking at the store)?

And yes, I agree that the that the dancing nutcracker is cool.

That is awesome! It's only a matter of time until someone gives the clock tower treatment to their whole house!

The clock is really cool.........My wife notice your mini trees and loved the look with the garland look, are those Holiday Coro trees and I was wondering if you could give us some info about them and how you got them to look that way

The clock is really cool.........My wife notice your mini trees and loved the look with the garland look, are those Holiday Coro trees and I was wondering if you could give us some info about them and how you got them to look that way

NICE! Thank you! I created them from scratch this year (was a last minute addition) I have a thread over at DIY, but I made one here just for you! (I condensed it down so only the important stuff is here). Hope it helps! http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/31042-ultimate-coro-pixel-mini-trees/#entry286059

Hey Baron, how big is the clock (yes, I went looking at the store)?

And yes, I agree that the that the dancing nutcracker is cool.

The face of the clock is 5 1/2 feet wide. I think the clock is 25 feet tall.

• The topic was locked