Light-O-Rama Forums

Tree Types Definitions

orchidman

I think I know some of these but can not find a any details.

What are each of these types of trees?  Is there a difference in a spiral and weber tree?  Still new at some of this.

Spiral Tree

Weber Spiral

Century Tree

Mega Tree

Century Tree (2007 - present):  Prior to the dawn of RGB pixels, a tree named so due to the number of channels utilized (~100) to primarily create vertical effects, in addition to traditional Mega Tree spinning effects... :-)

Good thread Orchidman,  I was wondering what a Century tree was too.  I think the spiral and the weber trees are the same.  We may want to designate a name for one that is wrapped in one direction and one that is wrapped in both directions.  Or are they all wrapped in one direction?  I'm making a beginner version for 2014(single color, 16 channel).

Webber tree was named for  webber who first created it.  which was strings wrapped in  spiral around the tree (Webber tree is a spiral tree).

Mega Tree generally is any large tree or tree with lots of lights.  Even applied to smaller trees using lots of lights.

ZTree (you did not list) was first made popular by Zman.  Tree with colors in bands down the tree  horizontal bands.

You forgot about the ANT or Angry Neighbor Tree. The tree is super simple to setup. It has no lights and no controllers and cost absolutely nothing except for maybe some hurt feelings. Several of us had to go with the ANT and probably more as displays become more and more popular and bigger...and neighbors be more more and more disgruntle. You really don't want this tree...but since we are naming trees. I have an ANT. Haha

• Like 1

This information is exactly what I am looking for.  Background.  The names I listed are the names in the Shannon's LOROC.  LOROC has been very useful as it created my 12 channel weber tree but the background on the different types is what I was hopping to learn.

Thanks all.