Light-O-Rama Forums

The Christmas Can Can - No jewish or other non-xmas remarks

Orville

Well since there are some folks that some aspects of this song seem to rub the wrong way, I edited the song to eliminate all references to the Jewish aspect as well as removed the ending of the song of Hannukah{sp?} and Kwanza.

The song now starts out at "Christmas, Christmas time is here", and where the Jewish part was, it now skips and goes from:  "Mad from  Christmas Cheer" and enters into "Who made these laws", and the song now ends at: "That's the Christmas Can Can, that's the end!"

Total length has been cut to 1:49.from the original 2:41.

If anyone wants a copy of this edited down version, send me a PM and I'll send you a link where you can download it.

You can try to adjust your sequence to the edit, or I'd recommend creating a new sequence, then cut and paste.

Who made these laws.. look wait here comes Santa Claus       is making fun of Santa Claus and blaming him for everything.    Can you remove that too? 

Frankly, if they don't like those parts, too bad for them!!  Don't listen to it.  My show is really about what I like.  If others happen to like it too, that's great.  I think all the references are the best parts of the song.  After all it IS supposed to be a comedic song and there is no crude humor like slips into a lot of the Bob Rivers songs.

It's kind of like the Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays debate.   I'm fine with both but I say Merry Christmas.

Maybe Rudolph should be edited out of his song in deference to the red-nosed drunkards who might be offended.

Maybe Santa should be edited out of any song that refers to his plus size, so we don't offend any obese person.

Maybe we should edit Let It Snow to avoid offending Floridians who don't get snow.

The world just keeps getting absurder and absurder...

Yes, it does.  I mainly did the edit for Ken's friend that requested that Ken remove the song from his show, this way he can use the "edited" down version at his friends house.  

Personally if I use it, it will be the entire song.  But there may be others that feel like Ken's friend does, so I offered the edited version for those folks.

And George, I live in Florida, but I'm in no way offended because we don't get snow, although when it gets really cold, the northern parts of florida has gotten snow, just don't think it's ever made it's way all the way to Miami.   We've had very light snow believe it or not here in Orlando a few times, it just doesn't stick around very long. :P

But I get your points,

And I refuse to say anything but "MERRY CHRISTMAS!"   if it offends someone, oh well, life goes on. ;)

I have one that I programmed just for the hell of it called 'Christmastime in the 909' by Greenbrair Lane. It pokes fun at the area code where I live, but uses some language not meant for younger ears. I didn't use it in my show except for if I had some older friends over and it was late with no cars out I would play it for them.

I have one that I programmed just for the hell of it called 'Christmastime in the 909' by Greenbrair Lane. It pokes fun at the area code where I live, but uses some language not meant for younger ears. I didn't use it in my show except for if I had some older friends over and it was late with no cars out I would play it for them.

I've got a lot of those as well.   One of my favorites that I've played for friends is "You Ain't Gettin' SH*T for Christmas". and the uncut version of "Santa and I Know It!", definitely NOT for young ears.  Although I have considered letting them play normally as an after hours show after 10pm.  But probably won't since I'm not sure that'd be a good idea.   Maybe a 1am-2am show. LOL

…I live in Florida, but I'm in no way offended because we don't get snow, although when it gets really cold, the northern parts of Florida has gotten snow, just don't think it's ever made it's way all the way to Miami.   We've had very light snow believe it or not here in Orlando a few times, it just doesn't stick around very long. 

Actually, we DID get snow, once, way back in 1977!  A day to remember for sure!  Of course it didn't stick, but it DID FALL! :D

Actually, we DID get snow, once, way back in 1977!  A day to remember for sure!  Of course it didn't stick, but it DID FALL! :D

Don't recall the exact date in 1977, but it was all the rage! LOL   It actually dropped enough that some folks actually made a SNOWMAN 3 foot tall from the Snow that fell in Winter Park.  I was 1 year out of High School when this one occurred.    Was sort of surprised as cold as it was supposed to get a few days ago we didn't get a repeat performance of that one day in 1977!

I was 1 year out of High School when this one occurred.     

Orv !  We are in the same HS class so the same age.    I always thought you were much older the way you talk about things.   I have a two year old kid so cant retire for another 20 years.  We both have time for a whole new career.

Edited by ItsMeBobO

Again, George... good point(s) 

Are you a defence attorney by day or something ? if not, you should be :)

Greg

Maybe Rudolph should be edited out of his song in deference to the red-nosed drunkards who might be offended.

Maybe Santa should be edited out of any song that refers to his plus size, so we don't offend any obese person.

Maybe we should edit Let It Snow to avoid offending Floridians who don't get snow.

The world just keeps getting absurder and absurder...

Orv !  We are in the same HS class so the same age.    I always thought you were much older the way you talk about things.   I have a two year old kid so cant retire for another 20 years.  We both have time for a whole new career.

And here I was thinking being 57 was an ancient relic. LOL  But I started working at 15, so got a lot of experience, that and worked various positions and got a lot of additional experience via temp employment services.

BTW: just to answer about removing parts or words, phrases from a song, I can remove anything I or anyone wants.  But there may not be nothing left to listen too! :P

I remove many parts, phrases or words to a lot of songs to shorten them or clean then up{make family/child friendly}.

BTW: just to answer about removing parts or words, phrases from a song, I can remove anything I or anyone wants.  But there may not be nothing left to listen too! :P

I remove many parts, phrases or words to a lot of songs to shorten them or clean then up{make family/child friendly}.

Make a sequence to Kung Pao Buckaroo Holiday, A lot of people would like to have it. I would.

• The topic was locked