Light-O-Rama Forums

GE Color Effects For Sale

intertrashional

Greetings all, I hope everyone had a successful and rewarding season full of great memories!  I bought all the remaining GE Color Effects G-35 lights that were left at my local Lowes(10 boxes, 25 bulbs per string).  I saw some people were looking to hack them for full control, and not having much luck finding them after Christmas.  I have no intentions of going RGB myself at this point, as I'm finally starting my conversion from incan to LED(bought all of their minature LED's they had as well), but I was hoping to help someone here.  All lights have been tested and work great.  $25 plus shipping each(half of normal price).  I am located in central PA, and am willing to meet anyone local.  If there are no takers it is not a big deal, I will simply return them to the store.  Merry Christmas and happy new year!

Ryan

post-10667-0-31873600-1388621225_thumb.j

I was wondering if people were cutting the controller off these and using them with a lor controller? I dont remember the price of ccb's is there a substantial savings doing it that way?

I was wondering if people were cutting the controller off these and using them with a lor controller? I dont remember the price of ccb's is there a substantial savings doing it that way?

You will at least need to use something like a Sandevices E68X, E6804 to drive them after cutting the stock controller off.

Yes, I plan on cutting off the controller and using them with a SanDevices E6804 E1.31 controller.  As for the price, CCBs are $2.89 per pixel.  Paying full retail for GECE pixels is a little bit cheaper (but not much), but in the after Christmas sales, they can be less expensive.  This offer is for $1.00 per pixel (plus shipping cost) - and I already have the E6804 so no additional cost there.

Im guessing a CMB24 would control them but only as dumb rbg? And with dumb rgb ribbon available at $20 I dont think that would be a good plan.right?

Off Topic: DOGPILE.COM!!!  I didn't think anyone but me used that search engine. :)

Yes, but they watered it down lately by inserting "sponsored links".

After you weed through them, it's a great search engine for the LOR Forums; MUCH better than the forum supplied version.

The lights arrived in good condition.  This evening I hacked the GE controller off two of the strings and connected them to one of my E682s.  They worked perfectly!

Thanks intertrashional

• The topic was locked