Light-O-Rama Forums

Verifier Help

mmais68569

I just ran the verifier on my sequences & had 1334 WARNINGS. Some are for channels that I do not use but others had message numbers next to them. My question what do the numbers27,28,31 mean in the msg number column ?

Thanks Mike

Just double click on the number and it will give you the details of the error.

Message Number: 27

Severity: Warning

Summary: Conflicting channel settings in sequence

Details #1: The name of the sequence having the conflict

Details #2: The track containing the first conflicting channel

Details #3: The name of the first conflicting channel

Details #4: The track containing the second conflicting channel

Details #5: The name of the second conflicting channel

Message Number: 28

Summary: Channel is completely off

Details #1: The sequence containing the channel

Details #2: The track containing the channel

Details #3: The name of the channel

One of your scheduled sequences contains a channel which is completely off for its entire duration.

Consider removing the channel from the sequence, using the Sequence Editor.

Message Number: 31

Summary: Channel uses undefined comm network

Details #1: The sequence that the channel is in

Details #2: The track that that the channel is in

Details #3: The name of the channel

One of your scheduled sequences contains a channel which is set up to use a network which does not have a comm port defined for it.  The channel will not control lights until this issue is resolved.

There are more details if you clcik on the error messages.  I just didn't want to copy everything.

One note, if you get channel off errors, I "IGNOrE" those and neither do I remove them from the sequence as it suggests.   Why?  because sometimes when you sequence a song, you won't use a specific channel or channels, so those would be off in that sequence.

If you delete them, then later on opt to use them, you have to add them back in, and if you delete them, and then resave your channel config, then add them back in at the same location you deleted them from, you'll have even bigger issues trying to straighten out the mess you just made, unless you use the UNDO BEFORE you save the sequence, if not, and the original .BAK {backup} file also gets overwritten, it can be a nightmare trying to fix it.  

Because all the channels will shift and move your light commands, it can get quite tedious to have to go back, add in the off channel you removed and correct the mess.

So even though you get channel is OFF warnings, leave them where they are and DO NOT DELETE them!  Just ignore the channel off errors, that's the best advice I can give you on any channels in your sequence that are used in other sequences, but not in others where they need to be off.