Light-O-Rama Forums

I thought this was going to be a peice of cake.

Jon Compton

Hello I am Jon and I am new. I got this and thought it was going to be a cake walk. I was wrong. in two months we put up 15k lights (48 channels) and in two weeks I programed 5 songs. Our show is on a half acre front yard witch has a circle drive.

post-13990-0-60729000-1388589901_thumb.p

• Like 1

Welcome!

Thanks for admitting that running a LOR show isn't a piece of cake. It's actually quite a bit of work and I think people who haven't yet been bitten by the bug need to realize that.

Your setup looks excellent. When do we get to see the videos?

• Like 1

I will make a YouTube account today and up load them tonight. Hopefully I can get good videos with sound. Its hard to get the whole show in one shot.

4 - 20ft arches 2 are 15 feet long (multi/clear icicle)

A 20ft mega tree with 8,070 lights (blue, clear, green and multi. going to add 2k red for next year)

To add your video to a message here is very easy, go to the tool bar {use the advanced option to get all options available to you when posting}, anyway, go to toolbar at the top of the message box, you will see an icon that looks like a chain link, click on that, copy and paste your url {without the http:// part} in the url box, click OK and your YouTube video should appear in your message here.

And you're right, this IS NOT a piece of cake, many new folks that come into the hobby, many times are under the impression you just plug in the controllers, connect the hardware and all the lights will synchronize to the music, like a Mr. Christmas.   And as you learned, it just doesn't work that way, it takes a lot of work, patience and time to get it all going.  so very glad you posted that statement for others to know, no, this is not as easy as one may think it is.

And Welcome to the Hobby.   You're off to a good start! :)

youtu.be/t5TpcbfBvKl .       I tried the way you said but the little pop up page just freezes. even after filling in all spaces. I have to refresh the page to get out of it.

youtu.be/t5TpcbfBvKl .       I tried the way you said but the little pop up page just freezes. even after filling in all spaces. I have to refresh the page to get out of it.

That's odd, it should work.   I've never had any issues with it doing that.   Maybe an update or something was going on when you tried?  I can't day.    Strange that it would freeze up on you like that.

uhj, no edit.  day = say.  Good grief, wish I could fix those typos!

uhj = ugh!  Did it again.    grrrr.

Are you sure you're copying the url correctly?  

When I tried the one you supplied I got a DNS Error page.  took out the dot between the u and b in youtube, but said that page didn't exist on youtube when I tried that way..

You might try just copying and pasting the url in the message without using the toolbar option, that sometimes works or will at least make a clickable link in the message.

Tried it every way I could think of to make it work, but couldn't get to your video no matter how I entered it.

So are you sure you're copying and pasting it in correctly?

tiny.cc/4hw if that don't work I don't know what will. I tried every thing else. I don't know why it wont let me post links I tried others as well

well sorry every one. seems nothing is working for me (face palm) I took a screen shot of the url at youtube and I cant load images either Lol. maybe im on probation lol.

It's probably not you.  This is the time of year when many forum features have been disabled to protect the thin skinned among us.  Lots of things don't seem to work right.

tiny.cc/4hw if that don't work I don't know what will. I tried every thing else. I don't know why it wont let me post links I tried others as well

Some users of the most recent version of Internet Explorer (IE11) are having issues with various forum functions. We'll be looking at the issue over next month or so.

Some users of the most recent version of Internet Explorer (IE11) are having issues with various forum functions. We'll be looking at the issue over next month or so.

Theres yer problem there, IE, i had nothing but troubles with links, i now use nothing but Chrome.