Light-O-Rama Forums

Anyone else get this e-mail? Christmas Light Fight - Season 2

Orville

This just received in my e-mail inbox just a few moments ago {as of this posting}:

Hey, guys!

I am a casting director on the Great Christmas Light Fight.    We are trying to contact you about Season 2.

Please give me a call when you get a chance.   

Thank you,

Kristina Hauser

818-934-4312

christmasshowcasting@gmail.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wondering who else got one of these e-mails?   Anyone?

Don't even know how they got this particular e-mail address they sent it to, as it is used for specific things not even associated with my display or lights!

And I'm definitely not participating in this.   But thought I'd share the info for those that may want to.

Same casting company, same contact person as last year also. This will make two years in a row I asked her to take me off their list.

If I had a "cause", but currently I don't take any sort of donations, however, I am actually considering doing that starting in 2014 for an Pet Rescue Organization that we support and got one of our beautiful cats from.  

Not the one in my current avatar though, she, "Ginger Cinnamon Starfyre" the cat in my avatar was a stray that adopted me about a year ago, she came to me about 1 month after we had to put down my elderly cat of 18.5 years, that used to be my avatar.

Same casting company, same contact person as last year also. This will make two years in a row I asked her to take me off their list.

Sounds like some telemarketing companies, you put your number on the do not call registry, you tell them that, but seems your number still gets back on the list no matter how many times you tell them to "remove it".

Told them I wasn't interested in competing in their light fight show either, that I do this to bring happiness and joy to my neighborhood, family and visitors to my display. Not to compete with others displays or for personal gain/money.  And I don't feel it is in my or my neighborhoods best interest to promote my display on national television.

Sure I could use the money, anyone probably could, but it's the principle of what and why I do my display, it's not for financial gain or national promotions!   Just not my thing.

Got the same email as well.  Politely responded telling her how she got my email address (since I don't promote it anywhere) and she stated that she pulled it from the WHOIS data on the domain name for my display website.  

While I liked watching the show to get ideas for next year, part of the show seemed unfairly judged, in my opinion, and it seemed that the static displays were judged differently than the animated displays.  Just my opinion, so don't jump all over me.  Also the judges seemed to nitpick on minor things that some of us wouldn't care about, such as cord management.  I wouldn't be able to deal with either of them....

While I could do a lot with the money if I did win, I think it would probably bring some unneeded publicity to both my neighborhood and my display, which I don't want or need right now.

Got the same email as well.  Politely responded telling her how she got my email address (since I don't promote it anywhere) and she stated that she pulled it from the WHOIS data on the domain name for my display website.  

While I liked watching the show to get ideas for next year, part of the show seemed unfairly judged, in my opinion, and it seemed that the static displays were judged differently than the animated displays.  Just my opinion, so don't jump all over me.  Also the judges seemed to nitpick on minor things that some of us wouldn't care about, such as cord management.  I wouldn't be able to deal with either of them....

While I could do a lot with the money if I did win, I think it would probably bring some unneeded publicity to both my neighborhood and my display, which I don't want or need right now.

Agree completely.   I did like watching the show, like you to get ideas.   But I would have issue with cord management and the nit picking as well, especially on things like cord management.   Now I do try to hide my cords as much as possible, but sometimes it just can't be done because of placement.  Unless you bury every cord in your display, and I sure as heck ain't gonna do that either!

But I must say the folks that did win in Decatur{sp?} Georgia, that WAS my favorite displa,y and the one I was rooting for to win.   So was very glad to see they won it.

Just isn't for me.   I don't mind contests like neighborhood contests where you're entered just because you decorated and live in the neighborhood, but national publicity, I don't want or need.

Besides that, I doubt I have a snowballs chance in hell of winning anyway! :lol:  :D  :P  :blink:

I only watched part of one episode and the cord fixation got to me too.  I guess with a static display that you allow people to walk through it might be something that's almost important.  We have neither at our place.  The LAST thing I want people doing is traipsing through the display.  In fact, we run specific announcements for people to stay out of the yard.

As for the cords - if people are noticing your cords in the dark, I don't care who you are - you need to do a WAY better job of sequencing.

I only watched part of one episode and the cord fixation got to me too.  I guess with a static display that you allow people to walk through it might be something that's almost important.  We have neither at our place.  The LAST thing I want people doing is traipsing through the display.  In fact, we run specific announcements for people to stay out of the yard.

As for the cords - if people are noticing your cords in the dark, I don't care who you are - you need to do a WAY better job of sequencing.

I always try and hide my cords George, this year was  little hectic, so I didn't do as good a job as prior years, just had so much going with several deaths, my brother in law in October, my 18.5 year old cat put down in March, and we lost several good friends along the way as well.

So my heart really wasn't in it in 2013, so I did things in more of a hurry to get something up because the neighbors were all going to be disappointed if I didn't.

Last year in 2012, you'd have been hard pressed to find my cords, they were camoflaged{sp} by being hidden, wrapped in garland, hidden behind the siding of my house along the ground and hidden in any creative way I could think of.   Even the neighbors that walked over for a closer view said I had done an excellent job of hiding all my cords.

2014 will be back to how it should be, cords hidden as well as I can make them invisible, as well as a few new songs added to the mix and retiring some others.

last year = 2 years ago, dang, keep forgetting 2012 was a couple years ago since we're in 2014.  LOL

• The topic was locked