Light-O-Rama Forums

ive decided to jump in with both feet next year.

portcity_gt

And do a small-medium display to most of you guys. With 80 channels, a mega tree, six mini trees and two arches. Ive got the sequences pretty much done and about 40 channels in visualizer. I have a good bit of the strings and one controller, im going to hit the spring or summer sale for the other four, what kind of savings can I expect from these sales?

thanks, nick.

Savings vary with products purchased, best sale is the spring sale, but things go very quickly, if you are not one of the first to order you may not get all of what you want. So be prepared to wait for the announcement, mark your calendar, take the morning off and sit at the computer as soon as the sale starts. the late summer/fall sale is a bit more relaxed, savings are quite as good but you can take your time when ordering and do it on your own schedule. This was my first year and I bought to controllers during the fall sale and saved about 30.00 each.

As other states...Spring sale is basically what was left over. Everything goes super fast (best discounts) because limited quantities. There is also a Summer Sale which also has good discounts (not as good as Spring) and can save you some $$$. Based off previous years there is no limit on the Sumer Sale and runs for several weeks. So if you miss the Spring...there is always the Summer.

Some people tend to get a little chippy around here when they don't get what they want at the Spring sale. Depending on your financial situation, it may be better to just wait till Summer sale to avoid the frustration.

Some people tend to get a little chippy around here when they don't get what they want at the Spring sale. Depending on your financial situation, it may be better to just wait till Summer sale to avoid the frustration.

I can see that happening for sure...kinda like I am with concert tickets going on pre sale. ...the entire concert will sell out during the pre sale, and to me its like only the rich or privileged people get to go.

ill be dropping a $1000 on controllers at one time so the $120-$200 savings wont be a deal breaker but it would be nice fore sure.

Hell ive already got $1000-1500 in one controller, advanced software, and led strands since early-mid December and haven't put up a single light lol.

also when do the sleepless nights thinking of display ideas stop?

This type of display is something ive always wanted to do, im just now getting to a point in my life where I can blow money on something like this, and luckily the cost has come down over the years.

there was only one other house within 30 miles that had a lor type display this year, while it had great potential because it was all cosmic color strands...the sequencing just didnt do anything for me.

• 2 weeks later...

also when do the sleepless nights thinking of display ideas stop?

Sleepless nights thinking of displays stop????????????

• Like 1

Every thing revolves around the display.  You see something you want to buy not display related and think, I could buy a controller instead.  I noticed in the Spring sale that ready to go controllers  and CCR's go fast,  easier to go after controller kits.

Welcome to the madness!

Two years ago, I jumped into LOR with both feet as well at 96 channels. Everyone here thought I was crazy till they saw it run. This last year, it was 112 channels and certainly looked a bit more balanced...lessons learned! 2014, I'm hoping to build a pixel tree and adding in RGB as well as other props such as firesticks and whatever I can dream up. Sales are the only way to afford this hobby. Take advantage of every applicable sale you can.

as scubado mentioned the complete kits stay around for a while even on the spring sale..the ready to go kits go pretty quick. the only thing you have to do yourself is install a brace and connect all the cords and they save you a little more money.  i think i picked those up for $179.95 or something close to that during the 2013 spring sale

Edited by gc75067