Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR or CCB for Outlining

skamin57

I am entering my 3rd season of LOR and am going to take the plunge into Cosmic Color for next season, so I am starting the planning process now. My first query to those of you with experience is which of the Cosmic Color devises works out best for soffits and outlining. That is where I plan on starting my foray into Cosmic Color. Please feel free to add any other suggestions too.

CCB !     The CCRs look great but are fragile.  They are best on a fixed mount where you put away the prop.   On the house where you will handle it putting it up and taking down, the CCB will give you a long life.

• Like 1

This was my first year doing LOR and I built 6 custom frames for my front windows outlined in CCB's. They looked awesome. I will take a picture of a frame and give you an idea of what I am talking about.

Here are the frames I did. I am doing my roof line and roof peaks in CCB's next year. Saving for a pretty large purchase at one of the sales!

post-11400-0-70984800-1388456190_thumb.j

Steve

I like your use of the J frame. Curious on how or where did you place the power and controllers for you RGB lights?

I agree with CCPs for the above reasons, but also because they just look more like Christmas Lights.

I was able to place 2 inside the attic by feeding the leads under my ridge vents. I also put 3 inside my soffits. As an electrician, I just wired outlets at those locations.  I only had one exposed controller which I placed inside a Keptal (- it think that's the name) enclosure.

• The topic was locked