Light-O-Rama Forums

Error saving sequences

TheJackal

I started getting an error message while trying to save sequences.

It says

Error saving file...do you want to try to save to another file name?

Detail: Invalid procedure call or argument

Any clue?

I've gotten that same error recently too. Do you by chance have a program that automatically backs up your files? I use Carbonite and every time I would save the file (while in the process of editing it) it would back it up again. I've gotten in the habit of pausing the backup for a few hours while I am sequencing. I haven't gotten this error since then (I also rebooted my computer) so I don't know if that was the problem or not.

No program to auto backup files (though I should) and I only have 1 user account on my laptop. It seems to have fixed itself. Maybe when I rebooted, it did the trick.

• 1 month later...

Make sure that the Windows user account that you are using to run LOR has permission to write to the directory that that file is contained in.

Hi Bob. I am having the same problem w/the new computer. I follow you up to "has permission to write to the directory that that file is contained in.: I am the user and the administrator. How do I go about checking if I am using the administrator or the user to open or save. Thanks for your help

Later in Life,

Mark

What version of LOR are you using? What happens if you try to save it to a different directory, that you know you can save files to?

Afternoon...Using the latest version. I have tried to save to different files, hard drives and get the same  message and code number.

can I do and uninstall without losing what I have worked on?

Morning,

Playing and looking around I noticed that after uninstall and re-install that I was not recognized as a new user. I also notice it wanted to install to Program Files(x86). That is when I noticed I have two Program Files. When I went back and insatlled not to (x86) but to Program Files I was recognized as a new user. I open Seg. editor. Found an old seq. and was able to open it up and save it.

Anyone know why I have a 'Program File' and a 'Program File (x86)? What is the difference? I am running Windows 8.1 64 bit.

Later in LIfe,

Mark