Light-O-Rama Forums

What kind of Dongle do You use with San Device

Ralph A

Come on Max, I am using rack mounted 48 port HP managed switches with 7 virtual LANS.  I have 3 of them at my house and a 24 port at another location connected via a microwave radio link.  But as you said 16 months ago: "Yep, you are certifiable as a 100% nerd."  However they're not right for most people, but they are EXTREMELY reliable and getting pretty inexpensive....

• Like 1

Almost got my CNNA (I think that is how I remember the letter stacked up) back in 2001. Just did not have the money to go back and take a second crack at it. Dang tricky sub net questions. LOL Loved switches. Even this I am sure is getting old. But think the 6000 series was one of the first switch router in one. Before then it was either a switch or a router. Oh well, like I said, A rack mounted switch with a GPIB module with fiber running across the yard is just not the time or place.

Jim you cheated with a microwave link.. :P

Most of us (myself included) are good with 300 foot limits before we have to plug in a cheap switch to use as a repeater, and it probably works well as part of our layout anyway. I can't even remember who had an issue with the 300 foot limit, or why.

I got 2 questions bout the E682, Has anyone seen any kind of "loss" of lighting when putting say 500 channels in each module for a total of 2000 channels? Secondly the specs say they support up to 6 universes, however from what i have seen there are only 4 clusters on the board, so what is it?  I may look at fooling around with one, my plans may have changed again thanks to the wife seeing the mega tree. I may need to keep the wife away from my project before i have to sell one the kids to afford what she wants.

You need to be sure you have enough power to the strings. You may need to inject power to the strings separately in addition to what the board will supply.

The current firmware allows more than one universe per cluster.

You need to be sure you have enough power to the strings. You may need to inject power to the strings separately in addition to what the board will supply.

The current firmware allows more than one universe per cluster.

Thats what i was wondering about before i go and buy a power supply. I was looking at the different power supply modules on Ray WU and was wondering which one to get. Also trying to figure out what lights to get as well. So  many to choose from and i have no idea where to start.

I see what yer saying about the universe.

• The topic was locked