Light-O-Rama Forums

CCF Urgent Help - Red light not turning off

Greentree38

The red light on my one of my CCF's isn't turning off.I've reset the unit and computer and it won't turn off. It behaves when programmed to during a show then just stays on red. Please help ASAP

If you unplug the comm cable does the light go off?  Can you control it properly in the hardware utility?

So is it really "working in your sequences" or do the other colors just work normally.  For example, can you get a pure green or pure blue, or does the red stay on and mix? 

Yeah I can get a true blue or green light in the sequences, it is really weird. In Hardware Utility I can turn the CCF's on and off, play with the colours and the red will stay on the whole time. yet once the sequence starts it will do what it's told to do, i.e. be blue or green only, then when it's not programmed to be on it just stays on solid red.

I'm thinking it must be something to do with the heat. If I don't turn my main controller off during the day (or leave it on for over a week) I get a "catchy" channel in the show where by it will stay on. But as soon as I reset the controller the problem is fixed. However the CCF isn't behaving the same, it has the same problem, but doesn't fix itself when it's reset.

Maybe you have a Standalone Sequence installed in the CCF that you didn't expect.

Use the Hardware Utility to find out and clear it. See page 10 of the documentation.

• Like 1

Greentree - Submit a ticket to the LOR Help Desk. (Link at top of page.) If you've done a reset and it's not turning off, you've done all you can do.

Although this may not help. I would check for moisture. I had one of my CCR's stay on any time I powered the strand and I went nuts looking for the problem as it turned out there was some moisture where the power connection was that was causing the problem. I can imaginge a similar problem with a flood it there was a similar moisture issue. If you have a second CC flood and plud it into the circuit you are having a problem with and it does not happen then to me that signifies a problem with the CCF itself..

• 1 month later...

Maybe you have a Standalone Sequence installed in the CCF that you didn't expect.

Use the Hardware Utility to find out and clear it. See page 10 of the documentation.

Thanks for this suggestion. I am just getting started. My CCR worked for the first day or two but then stopped working. I had accidentally put an OFF standalone sequence into it. I deleted it and it is all flashy again!

• The topic was locked