Light-O-Rama Forums

In a Bind with software

Judy

I have a license and using software 3.8.0 Advanced.

Tried to upgrade to 3.9.0 but says I need to purchase it or re-install my original

I tried to download 3.8.0 which is what I originally had.

Now says I can't because a newer version is installed BUT in demo mode.  I need my original 3.8.0 back.

Tried to submit a ticket to LOR but says its denied because of error #403???

I have no idea how to un-install LOR software 3.9.0 and scared I might loose my sequences.

Thanks for any advice.

In order to install an older version than you currently have installed, you first have to uninstall the verison that's already installed.  To do this:

(1) Close all of your running programs, especially LOR programs.  This includes not just things like the Sequence Editor, but also the LOR Control Panel.  The LOR Control Panel is the light bulb icon in your computer's system tray.  You can close that by right-clicking on it and selecting "Unload Light-O-Rama" from the popup menu that will open.

(2) Use your computer's "Add or Remove Programs" or "Uninstall a program" to uninstall LOR.  You can get at this through your computer's Control Panel (go to your computer's Start menu, then select Control Panel, and then look for one of those two).

After you've installed LOR, you can then install the old version.