Light-O-Rama Forums

Light-O-Rama in 2006

Guest guest

maby a graduation gift ?:)

well i got my wireless transmitter together and my dad told my mom why i did that and she didn't say what she usually says

"when you get your own house i don't care what you do"

but hopefully the april sale will change their minds

(if i had only joined this site before christmas

Better yet, have your parents read through many of Dan's posts where he has DEMONSTRATED his integrity by allowing others to return products, send them paid envelopes for the return, or when he tells us when things are going on sale or if there are going to be significant price changes (i.e. next version of LOR software). I have been most impressed with how Dan's does business.

His ACTIONS have spoken louder than words.

Brian

well thanks every body its either lor or a trip to disneyworld to see their christmas lights.

and i picked lor because my parents said that they wouldn't leave the "house all wired up" as they like to call it, because we would be in flordia

hopefully they will pitch in the rest of the money when the sale comes cuz it wont be a millon trillon dollers:smile: hopefully?

also am i going to get somthing in the mail about the sale cuz i think that would take away any fear.

thanks don but my parents dont really know how to use computers that well. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so this will be my first year to buy LOR. I am proud to say it, I am a Newbie! What I am wondering is, being my first time, should just get the 8 channel or get the 16 channel system? I just don't want my head to explode with all the new excitement for Christmas.

Please guide me, oh Guru's of the LOR!!!

matt tyndall wrote:

Ok, so this will be my first year to buy LOR. I am proud to say it, I am a Newbie! What I am wondering is, being my first time, should just get the 8 channel or get the 16 channel system? I just don't want my head to explode with all the new excitement for Christmas.

Your head is going to explode anyway :laughing: with LOR so you might as well get the 16 channel :].

Tom

Santas Helper wrote:

Your head is going to explode anyway :laughing: with LOR so you might as well get the 16 channel :].

Tom

Matt

Tom means this in a good way.

glenn

matt tyndall wrote:

Hey Matt,

Go with 16 channels...you are going to want more once the hook sinks in. The more you have the more you can do. If you just go with the 16 channels you can make it look like you have 32 channels by connecting 16 items on each half of the yard. But make sure you don't overload the box. It can be done.

Your first year will probably the one you will remember most.

glenn wrote:

Santas Helper wrote:

Tom

Matt

Tom means this in a good way.

glenn

Glenn is right. I meant that in a very good way. Heck my head has exploded so many times, it doesn't hurt any more :laughing:.

Oh, once you get one controller, you'll wish you ordered 2. I promise ya that.

Tom

Oh yeah, I took that it in a good way. I can handle a head explosion. I just don't think I can handle my wife if I tell her "Hey, I bought 2 of these nifty, neato, new toys!" I think I can get by with the 16 channels though. I'll just tell her I'm saving money. You know, order more channels, get a cheaper rate!!

matt tyndall wrote:

" I think I can get by with the 16 channels though. I'll just tell her I'm saving money. You know, order more channels, get a cheaper rate!!

You're catching on!!!!!!!!

Believe me, You'll never have enough channels!

Have fun and welcome to the BRIGHT-FLASHY-BLINKY-SYNCHRONIZED TO MUSIC-INCREDIBLY FUN SIDE!:)

I'm currently considering Light o Rama. I have a few questions.

Will most of the new controllers be available in April?

How will the cost of the new LOR products compare with the current products? Will there be a significant price difference?

tkhowse wrote:

I'm currently considering Light o Rama. I have a few questions.

Will most of the new controllers be available in April?

How will the cost of the new LOR products compare with the current products? Will there be a significant price difference?

The answers to your questions can be found here.

I'm not sure if anyone has asked this or not. With the new protocol coming out, will we need to resequence all of our present shows, or will they still run with LORII?

mnlfhuere wrote:

I'm not sure if anyone has asked this or not. With the new protocol coming out, will we need to resequence all of our present shows, or will they still run with LORII?

Your current sequences will work with LORII. However, once you use them within the LORII environment, you will NOT be able to roll back to the old version. (Not that you would want to, right?)

mnlfhuere wrote:

Your existing sequences will run with LOR II...

• 2 weeks later...

Clisenet wrote:

How hard will the DIY kits be to build?
Hi, I do not know the rating scheme for kits. My guess is that it will be a medium. If you have successfully built kits in the past you should not have a problem.