Light-O-Rama Forums

Light-O-Rama in 2006

Guest guest

Thanks Dan. Not a big deal the price is already great, I was just curious. We'll be ordering as soon as they show up. More and More and More. Gee, have you ever thought of having an automatic delivery program, like one board, every month or every other month? Just kidding.

Marilyn

Joe,

My controllers are all in my garage, along with my FM receiver. Last year I ran a Cat 5 cable from my laptop in my home office, out the door around the house and into the garage.

This year, if I do not use my laptop then I will run an audio cable 3' to my FM. Very nice!

The only problem I see for me with that set-up is that I often changed the end times on the scheduler. If the traffic was there, then I extended the play time. With my laptop in the loop that was not a problem. Type it in and save.

It all depends on how you set it up and what you want to be able to do. Both set-ups have their applications.

Charles

charles,

i want to do the laptop thing soon for convenience but my set up is in a finished basement road side of the house so i will probably run a longer usb cord up into the ceiling of my basement and an antenna out of the house in front where the traffic will be. this will be my first year with fm/music.

LightORama wrote:

nanac1 wrote:
When the kits show up will there also be quantity discounts like you currently have on the hobbyist and showtime products at 2, 5, and 10 units?

Marilyn
Not sure... but probably one price break at 3 units.

Ah, man! And here I am planning on breaking every noob rule by grabbing 9 or 10 of them (if my wife doesn't find out). :]

(BTW, not a complaint by any stretch, Dan. I'm thrilled for the break, and expect you're being too gracious as it is.)

I vote we rename this thread to the "Vulture Posts" as I have a feeling everyone here is waiting for the next shipment to drop.

Dan, I hope you are planning for a flood of orders (I, for one, will not be waiting for April to make my first purchase)!

~K

Kaeleb wrote:

I vote we rename this thread to the "Vulture Posts" as I have a feeling everyone here is waiting for the next shipment to drop.

Dan, I hope you are planning for a flood of orders (I, for one, will not be waiting for April to make my first purchase)!

~K

:laughing:, ya I hope he is going to have a huge stash of them. Because I know there are others out there that are going to order alot. 5-10 may not sound like alot but if that is multiplied by even just 20 people it sure becomes alot. I am sure Dan will be able to afford a much needed vacation after the sale.

I'm Not an Expert but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn,

The last time I was to the web site every thing was back-ordered.
I wonder if we can per order?
This will at the least let Him know what to expect on the numbers of units called for.
Just thinking out side the box.:waycool:

Dan, I think the only way it would work for you is to get some sort or non-refundable, down-payment in advance, say 50%. That would give you some idea how much stock you would need, and the customer would be committed to making a purchace.

Just a thought...

DOH... Now I might have to purchase even more than 32 channels since I keep telling my wife how much the Hobbiest will run for 32 channels... (insert evil grin here)...

LightORama wrote:

Robert Cox wrote:
dan,

that will be the normal price right, not the sale price for april????
That is correct.

Kaeleb wrote:

Dan, I think the only way it would work for you is to get some sort or non-refundable, down-payment in advance, say 50%. That would give you some idea how much stock you would need, and the customer would be committed to making a purchace.

Just a thought...

Dan, that's not a bad idea and I would be more than willing to put down half for each unit I want. We may be underestimating the replenishment of stock here but it ain't going to get any better and taking orders now might ease the pain.

Think of it, hundreds and hundreds of kids outside of Toys-R-Us waiting for that new release of Furbies. :laughing:. I wouldn't dare open the door :laughing:. No way :].

Please, please. purty please?

Tom (and yes, I still have my original furbies thank you).

You could set up a poll questions or some other type survey that could be automated. I don't think you are wanting to read all the e-mails it could generate if people just sent you the info. The first run could give you a feel for what people are wanting. It is going to be hard to get any exact numbers until all new products are out and have pricing. Depending on sale prices some people may be able to get a few more things. I think a pre-order where you just get a credit card would work, but then most of the people will be changing the orders during the sale and that will cause a big headache for you.

cvyvial wrote:

You could set up a poll questions or some other type survey that could be automated. I don't think you are wanting to read all the e-mails it could generate if people just sent you the info. The first run could give you a feel for what people are wanting. It is going to be hard to get any exact numbers until all new products are out and have pricing. Depending on sale prices some people may be able to get a few more things. I think a pre-order where you just get a credit card would work, but then most of the people will be changing the orders during the sale and that will cause a big headache for you.
cvyvial

Not a Bad idea but there still need to be some sort or guarantee that an order place will be an order purchased.

I know with other products when I pre-order the I pays full price including shipping and the seller honors the sale, This way no one get stuck holding the bag. The buyer is happy to get what he wants and the seller knows how many to make/order, It also helps keep his over head down on the manufacturing because he now knows what 55-60% of his sales are going to be.

That's how Buyinflatables does their pre orders. When product comes in, they ship in the order that purchases were made. If for some reason, ie Gemmy doesn't make one that was advertised, Tim refunds the money.

I would think that in any pre order arrangement, the merchandise should be paid for up front. That would be the only way a company would know for sure they were selling those quantities.

We all know what happened with the PC Santa Tim had made. Several folks who said they would buy, did not end up buying them and Tim was selling them at cost. This happens all the time. If they pay up front, you know they are going to purchase.

Marilyn

I guess my thought was for a pre-order sale you would just give the credit card number to secure so many items no matter cost. Since there are new items coming out and their prices have not been announced some may not want to commit till they at least know what the max cost will be. I just thought if someone planned to buy 5 cards and the savings for them allowed them to buy a 6th or some other product for the same cost or for only a few dollars more they would then be trying to increase the order and Dan my be overwhelmed. I guess he could just plan to contact everyone prior to shipping to finalize the orders, but that just seems like a lot of work for Dan.

The survey was more for him to have an idea of how many he may need. If the request are 3 to 4 times more than he expected then the pre-order would become a a way for people to secure items. Most have said that they didn't care if they received them till September so even if he sold out there should be plenty of time to get more stock.

Chris

I have the money now and would place a full paid order now for April Sale delivery if I knew the April sale price. I would really like to have the controllers by July or Aug. to prepare for Halloween and Christmas animations when it's too hot to do anything useful outside. It would be (2) 16 channel units with heatsink, the one that can run standalone. I see on the picture the heatsink has mounting holes and well worth the extra $10. Couldn't come close to making one myself.

I see stock expected near end Feb. Would these units be of the new revision or the older rev? I seem to remember the new rev would be unveiled at the sale? I have a home ready for them (third picture on the below link, the white papers in my control box):

http://longhair.sinfree.net/images/xmas2005/2006.htm

Dan, looks like a banner year in store for you. Are you sure you need a sale price?

Roadrat wrote:

Would these units be of the new revision or the older rev? I seem to remember the new rev would be unveiled at the sale?

It's all tied to the release of LORII. The controllers that people have today (or if Dan had stock, the ones you bought today.) would not be compatible with LORII. There will be a firmware upgrade for the deluxe models which will make them work with LORII. (Those who have the very old 8 channel controllers already know, or should, that there will be a chip replacement required.)

LightORama wrote:

Roadrat wrote:
Dan, looks like a banner year in store for you. Are you sure you need a sale price?

GOOD POINT!!! :D ... Maybe I should cancel the sale... ( just kidding :) ).

I recommend Roadrat banned from this site :].

(Just kidding.:laughing:)

Don't ever suggest that again :). I need all the help I can get.

Tom