Light-O-Rama Forums

Knock on the door

indi

Let me start out and say, in our small town, we mostly have static displays. I live outside the city limits. I started with LOR last year with 32 channels. This year I moved up to 48 channels and 8 CCP's. Also last year a young man started his show with a 16 channel display and became the talk of the town, as well as this year. Well, he came by last night and asked questions about my pixel tree that I put up this years. It's like the one that Brian shows on SuperStar. I told him everything about it and SuperStar. After, the wife asked me, did you tell him? I said of course I did. I'm not in this this to win anything or beat anyone. I just enjoy doing it and seeing others doing it. She said, well I guess he'll have one next year. I told her I hope so. The wife said, I guess you'll go over and help him. Yep, if he needs it and asks. LOL! He enters the City's light show contest. He won last year in his ward. And I see this morning he did again. He does have a good show. He did do a great job in layout and use of the lights with just 16 channels. Hope it grows bigger and better. Merry Christmas to all. Hope you have a great light show season.

DI

you did the right thing in helping him out    now it's up to him when someone or the news asks how he did it to give  credit where credit is due  this is what this hobby is about not what you can wind to many people think if they put up lights they are going to wind something  I do it because I enjoy it and have been doing it for  31 years now a lot of memories 

I agree with Indi here, the thought counts...

Remember ? This is Christmas ya know ;)

Sysco as well. "quote" you did the right thing,  I TOTALLY agree with you also.

So many ppl are so caught up with "keeping up with the Jones's" that thwy forget what Christmas is all about.

SHOUT OUT, for indi and sysco !!!!!!

Greg

p.s. I hope the person you helped, reads this thread, it would be "fitting"....... :)

There is a guy e-mailing my wife about our show. She doesn't want me to share her fame.

I told her to have the guy come over.

I will help him.

There are enough people here who would want to watch both shows.

It is not a competition with me.

I just like to see all the smiling faces.

Oh and the sparkly lights are cool, too.

Good grief.  You mean some people are actually afraid that other displays will come steal the spotlight from them? 

We started out in 2003 as the only computerized display in the metro.  Fast forward 11 seasons and now there are at least 2 more animated displays within a couple miles of me, and maybe a couple dozen in the metro. 

I'm overjoyed, as I love looking at other displays.  And it's not like people quit coming here because of the others.  In fact, we turn down numerous media interviews every year because I'm afraid to inflictmore traffic on the neighborhood.

-Tim

I agree, It's about Christmas, oh yeah and it is just fun to do.  Everyone on the forum is so creative and supportive.  This is my first year and with the help of everyone here I think I have a great show. THANKS TO ALL OF YOU... Most of you don't even know how much you have helped because I just come in and read the posts and try to learn and when I do ask, everyone has been great.  Unless you do it for a living, enjoy the spirit of making people happy at Christmas and helping each other out.  Hooked on this sport!!! and will help anyone that I can.

When I moved here 3.5 years ago, the first Christmas I did a static display. I saw that even though this is a very nice area, nice homes and so on, only a few homes decorated. I lit up my house anyway. The second year, I did static again while starting to look into sequenced lights. I saw there were more homes decorated than the previous years. Last year was my first LOR display @96 channels. There were a few more homes decorated than the previous year but I had lots of people here stopping by to watch. This second year of LOR for me, I see a lot more homes decorated and nicely done! I see more cars coming into this area to look at the lights in the whole area. Christmas Spirit is why I do what I can. I see the smiles on the kids faces and their fingers pointing.

• The topic was locked