Light-O-Rama Forums

1 of 3 songs not playing on Showtime Director

rhino

I have an SD card with a show of 3 songs.  One of the 3 songs is not playing.  It's pretty much just skipped over.

Using Hardware Utility to create the SD Card (MP3 tab).

Using S3 (3.8) LOR software.  Only LOR controllers (18 of 'em), no DMX, or RGBs.

Ideas?

Just checked on the file size of this .lms.  It's at 2.8 GB.  Is there a size limit?

Does deleting unused channels from the sequence help with the file size (I have several channels in the file that are used for marking the beats, upbeats, etc.)

I don't know if there is a size limit - but 2.8GB with 18 controllers and no DMX/RGB? How long is the song? Deleting unused channels isn't going to reduce the size all that much. 

Something sounds fishy with that sequence. I'd be curious as to what is causing it to balloon up to up to 2.8GB.

• Like 1

Don,

My bad.  It's 2.88 MB, not GB.  Totally my fault there (I need more sleep.)

It's Christmas Canon Rock (TSO), 5min 02.55 sec.

I'm looking for limitations in the documentation, and can't find anything.  The other 2 songs are 1.9 MB and 9.6 MB.  (288 usable channels [18 controllers]).

So, I put the one song on its own show on the SD card.  Put the SD Card in the Showtime Director, and I get a steady, slow blink for the "R" and "C" status lights.  Does anyone know what this means?

According to the docs a slow blinking "R" indicates it is waiting for a scheduled show to start.

The "C" is not currently used except during start-up to indicate the firmware is present.

(Not the newer G3 version with the LED read out, right?)

It could be as simple as a corrupt file. Can you run that sequence manually?  LOR will simply skip a sequence if there's any fault. Not sure about a show director, but if my MP3 file is in the wrong directory on the computer, LOR will just skip the sequence.

Don,

I'm thinking I got this standalone Showtime Directory, in a plastic case, from you at the Lonestar Academy in 2012 (Conroe).  I'm loving it!

Since it's standalone, I'm not sure if it's G2 or G3, or whatever the version is.  Help?

I see the "R -- steady blink if the DC-MP3 is waiting for a scheduled show to start, but the show is set to "run when power is on (you supply the timer)".

bobschm,

Thanks for that, but not quite sure about running a sequence manually.  I do NOT have a computer hooked up to this display, which is at the church.  There's a showtime director with an SD card.  So, I've loaded the sequence onto the SD card, via the Hardware Utility.  I don't think it would load if the MP3 file was not in the right directory.  I can play the sequence in my Visualizer just fine (except for it being behind the beat when I start the sequence in the middle of the song someplace.)

You indicated that LOR will skip the sequence when there is a fault.  That's EXACTLY what's happening, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what that fault is, in order to fix it.

Again, thanks -- every bit of help is greatly appreciated!  I'm needing it.