Light-O-Rama Forums

Most Popular Song?

George Simmons

Very nice George,

Here is my version. I'm too close to include the mini trees in the driveway and the audio is raw straight from the radio. But you get the idea.

http://s245.photobucket.com/user/frightnight_photos/media/Toms%20videos/MOV05081_zpscf0af834.mp4.html

I have to say that Christmas  Sarajevo by TSO still does it for me. It has everything including a Christmas start.  The majority of people who come and watch have never heard of TSO. It's only us sad people who live and breath this addiction all year that think we should have something new.  Stick with what works is my philosophy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uLtYh98QbY

My audience likes Do you hear what I hear by Vanessa Williams and Snoopy's Christmas. For me, I can't listen to The Christmas Shoes at all because I will start crying from nearly the beginning of the song. My mom died when I was thirty and this song reminds of that every time I hear it.

Since my original post I've asked more people.  Kids are particularly prone to be vocal, I've found.  I'm actually enjoying asking them what they like best.  Gives me a whole different perspective, that's for sure.  Amongst the younger ones, The Fox is leading, probably on the strength of the house making faces at them.  I hear them out front sometimes when it's above zero just squealing and laughing.  It's really cool.  But I digress.  Amongst grade-school ages, it's The Fox - by far.  Gummy Bear song seems to be in second place.  Adults seem split between Winter Palace and - get ready for this - Let Me Roll It by Paul McCartney and Wings.  (It should be noted that I've yet to get any of the Pink Floyd into the rotation, so those results may be a bit skewed.)  As always, YMMV.

George, you should be ashamed. Pink Floyd NOT in the rotation :o:blink::wacko:??? :P

You have your homework now. Get PF in and get out there and get them results!!! :D

I'm with Santa's Helper, I am a huge Pink Floyd fan. A few years ago I flew from Kansas City to Boston to see Roger Water's. Definitely a must see show. I bet when it's in the rotation it will be the leader

My favorite this year is a toss up between Takin' care of Christmas and mad Russians Christmas, the both have the tree playing guitar, but he only sings in one

I never heard Takin' Care of Christmas before. I threw it on my list of possibles for the future.

It's a Christmas song by Randy Bachman the singer of BTO, the song has the same sounds of takin care of business. One of my favorites

I'm with Santa's Helper, I am a huge Pink Floyd fan. A few years ago I flew from Kansas City to Boston to see Roger Water's. Definitely a must see show. I bet when it's in the rotation it will be the leader

Roger Waters? Here you go:

Pink Floyd? Try this:

This one is usually my shutdown sequence:

I'm hoping to video them all this year with the CCB trees in front of the house.

Thanks George!!! That's what I'm talkin about.

And the shutdown sequence (brain damage/eclipse) fits in perfect for the end.

• The topic was locked