Light-O-Rama Forums

Most Popular Song?

George Simmons

So here we are at the exact midway point for those of us who have a Thanksgiving to New Year's Eve season.  Seems to go by faster and faster every year.

So what's the song that your viewers have proclaimed as their favorite this year?

For my viewers, in an admittedly small sample size so far, it seems to be the "Ferris Buehler song", otherwise known as Oh Yeah!

And believe it or not, The Fox is a very close second.

Personally, my favorite is Winter Palace.

"Oh Ya", is done by the group "Yello" (for those that need to know :)

So far for me, Crystallize by Lindsey Sterling seems to be popular, BUT remember, I live where it is currently (and has been) -23 (That's a minus sign in front of that )........................ for the last 5 weeks.......................

Greg

Soldiers Silent Night.

I have my twenty feet talking star narrate it.

It is the forth sequence in my line up right after the Marine Corps hymn and the two openings, Robot -THX and 2001 Space Odyssey.

The show should be fun, but we should also remind our viewers why we can have such shows.

Guaranteed to bring a tear to the viewers.

Soldiers Silent Night... Guaranteed to bring a tear to the viewers.

Forget the viewers - I've been using it on 12/23 and 12/24 for the past three or four years and I can't hear it myself without choking up.

So here we are at the exact midway point for those of us who have a Thanksgiving to New Year's Eve season.  Seems to go by faster and faster every year.

So what's the song that your viewers have proclaimed as their favorite this year?

For my viewers, in an admittedly small sample size so far, it seems to be the "Ferris Buehler song", otherwise known as Oh Yeah!

And believe it or not, The Fox is a very close second.

Personally, my favorite is Winter Palace.

Wow, half way thru already. Your right George. Time going by faster and faster.

I'm not sure on my patrons favorite but for me, It's Winter Palace, as you mentioned.

We actually just asked on that question on our Facebook page this weekend.  So far, the #1 song is My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up) by Fall Out Boy.  However, the song I hear being sung the loudest by the kids is by far the little snip it of What Does The Fox Say!!

all of my phones are Christmas songs. The most popular with adults is soldier's silent night. the most popular with the kids is any song that my 4 singing Christmas trees sing

This year I broke down and did a fairly wimpy sequence for Real Men of Genius - Mr. Too Many Christmas Decorations Guy and it seems to be a hit with viewers. Within our own family Winter Palace is definitely the favorite.

between me and the wife id say TSO's winter palace or Spiraling's remake of Do You Hear What I Hear mashed up with teenage waste land

most of the kids around here like the short 1:30 mash up i did to LMFAO party anthem and PSY gangnam style

My favorite this year is a toss up between Takin' care of Christmas and mad Russians Christmas, the both have the tree playing guitar, but he only sings in one

My favorite this year is definitely Wizards in Winter for all the viewers. I like the Disney electric parade. I haven't seen the Winter Palace. If anyone is willing to share I would like to see. Kalefortsch@comcast.net

My favorite this year is definitely Wizards in Winter for all the viewers. I like the Disney electric parade. I haven't seen the Winter Palace. If anyone is willing to share I would like to see. Kalefortsch@comcast.net

http://vimeo.com/81074443

Georges display of this song is the reason it became one of my favorites! 

My favorite this year is a toss up between Takin' care of Christmas and mad Russians Christmas, the both have the tree playing guitar, but he only sings in one

I never heard Takin' Care of Christmas before. I threw it on my list of possibles for the future.