Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB-16KV6 Board ID Question

nallja

Hello all;

This is my forth year with LOR hardware.  I have 4 units driving all LED lights.  When I setup the hardware this year every thing worked (11/25).  Last night I noticed the animation wasn't quite right.  After some debug today it seems that board ID#3 is no longer reporting as #3.  The hardware utility doesn't see it as #3.  The board is however accepting signals that are designated for board ID#1.  So when Board 1 Channel 1 is told to turn on, both 1:1 and 3:1 are turning on.  It seems to be an issue with the selector switch.  I set the ID to Board#5 and now the hardware utility sees it as #5.  After reprogramming all the sequences ( making one channel setup and using export/import) every thing seems to be working.  Has anyone else run into problems with the board ID selectors?  Do I need to just reflow the solder after the season?

Thanks

Jon

to little OR to much heat in the soldering department can cause failure.

What that said, IF YOU feel that heat was NOT an issue during assembly, then I would guess a re-solder after the season might do it.

Have you opened a ticket with LOR ? they might have a quick check that you can do, BUT if you have set it to ID #5 and it works, then I would guess it can be dealt with then.

Greg

When you can, try addressing your board at different addresses and see what it responds to; you may see a pattern.

If it's just the one connection that's bad, address 3 will look like 1, address 6 will look like 4, 7 will look like 5, 10 will look like 8, etc.

Unless there's more than one bad connection. But testing at various addresses should show that.