Light-O-Rama Forums

Fm transmitter

Bustluvr

Hi having problems with my whole house transmitter 2.0 I purchased from LOR . I am unable to get it to transmit all I get static . I tried to move antenna nothing. I follower instructions by the letter . Any help would be great.

I've heard so many reports of people unhappy with the WHT and yet LOR still sells it the last time I looked. Last year was my first year with LOR and I did my homework reading lots of people's comments about FM Transmitters. I bought the EDM-RDS model and I'm perfectly happy with it. It cost a little more than the others but the overall consensus was that this was one of the best, if not the best! I agree

LOR sell the Whole House Transmitter because it is one of the few that comply with Part 15 of the FCC Regulations for being licence exempt. Most of the other transmitterss mentioned on this forum do not comply with the law in the USA, and people rely on reducing the output power of these to minimise the chances of being found by the FCC.

Regards,

Alan.

as much bad press the whole house gets on here, i just have to say i've had it for four years now and i'm completely happy with it.  no problems whatsoever.  just make sure to widen your range just like the previous post stated.  definitely not trying to make a rebuttal just to contradict, just trying to let you know i don't think you wasted your money.  

I've heard so many reports of people unhappy with the WHT and yet LOR still sells it the last time I looked. Last year was my first year with LOR and I did my homework reading lots of people's comments about FM Transmitters. I bought the EDM-RDS model and I'm perfectly happy with it. It cost a little more than the others but the overall consensus was that this was one of the best, if not the best! I agree

Even more crazy is it is almost twice as much as a good one.

This is my first year doing it and the CZH05B has been flawless for me and only cost $80.

Admonish as a paperweight or boat anchor for a small boat. :P

Like others, there are very few that have gotten the WHT to work well, I'd say the majority here would never recommend it.

I have a decent transmitter from Mobile Black Box, the Eclipse 4000, but they no longer make it. 

Iif you want an EDM, you'll have to wait until after the season to get one now, as far as I know, they are no longer taking any more orders for their transmitters at this time

Your best bet would be the CZH05B mentioned above, can be bought on Amazon at any time and still available right now.  DO a search for the "Fail Safe Transmitter" and it Amazon will show you all that's available.

Thinking of getting one of the CZH05B transmitters myself, just in case something would ever happen to my MBB, I'd have a decent back up unit at practicvally less than half of what I paid for the MBB Eclipse 4000!

considering the price i wish i had known when i got mine-so aside from saying i wouldn't recommend it, i would say that if you can get it to work well, why spend more money on top of that is all.  hope all goes well and have a great Christmas!

I ordered the Whole House Transmitter 3.0 and so far not to bad. Next year I plan to test out the EDM since this was my first year and just needed to order one. FYI the 3.0 does not have that magic switch in the battery compartment. 

I found the true key is to use the long antenna extension and put it close to the front of the house or outside (just the antenna :) ). I tried http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/vacant and found that it was not 100% accurate. So I just manually scanned for an open frequency on my car radio. Played around with the WHT settings and got it to work. 

Good luck!

i ordered a CZH05B from amazon last night it will be here Thursday :D

I predict that within five minutes of opening the box, you'll be delighted with your choice.

Make sure you NEVER power up a transmitter without first having attached the antenna.

I predict that within five minutes of opening the box, you'll be delighted with your choice.

Make sure you NEVER power up a transmitter without first having attached the antenna.

A little research last year told me this and it is true.  I ordered mine and about $60 and three days later couldn't have been happier.

I found these instructions a couple of years ago, should still work.

How to Switch: Press and hold the Power Switch button then plug in the power.  When the LCD displays L or H, then release the Power button.  Press the + and - buttons to switch the transmitter power.

MikeH

Love the CHZ-05B transmitter. Doubtful I'll ever have a problem with the FCC as my market is saturated with radio stations. Well, that and I don't have it on all the time. Only when I'm home and for a few short hours at that.