Light-O-Rama Forums

Photo Op Sequence

bob_moody

I have been trying for days to grab some good pictures of our display ..  I have a decent camera (Canon T2i) but have ZERO skills as a photographer. One thing I did note though is that there are several elements of the display that are difficult to photograph becasue .. well.. they are moving (blinking and changing colors..) ...

I thought about maybe adding a voice over announcing that for 30 seconds (or so) that all the lights would turn on for a photo opportunity. Then create a little sequence to turn on all the lights and set up something interesting for the RGB parts of the display...

Anyone else on this track or have any idea?

Merry Christmas...

Bob

I've been doing that for the past two or three years.  At first I used a 30-second sequence with the Final Jeopardy music track.  People loved it, but complained it was too short of a time.  Then I bumped it up to a full minute using the Syncopated Clock as background music.  This year I'm combining it with an announcement for that minute, and I have three different "poses" that each run for 20 seconds.  IMO, a photo op is a must-have item for the modern display that has everything...

Merry Christmas Bob!

George .. funny you mention the Jeopardy thing .. thats exactly what I was thinking about .. LOL... Maybe a little Audacity magic to stretch it out a little....

Mike.. Appreciate the input...

Merry Christmas .. I think I will start working on something tonight ..

Bob

I do that at the end of every show which is about every 15 minutes.  The lights come on and I announce that they will stay on for 2 minutes for pictures.

At the start of it I use this voice over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKXlhpeb6wI

LOL!! that is great!

If its my display I'm trying to get pictures of I just run my "static all" show, usually early in the morning to avoid cars, and get all the pictures I want.

I like the muppet critics soundbyte.

I turn on all the channels during Virtual Santa (except the strobes) at 50% intensity. Their cameras always come out during the video anyway so I thought, might as well make it easier for them.

I have a "private" photo op sequence that I run off-hours for my own picture-taking enjoyment, but haven't done one for public consumption.  This is a good idea.

Well I just rolled my "Photo Op" sequence out.

Of course, it Friday the 13th and raining .. so a few of the elements tripped thier GFI .. (Yard Grid as expected..)

But .. its working ...

I found a 1 minute Jeopardy MP3, opened up Audacity and did a voice over to announce it and at the end i send it back to the show with a little laugh ..

I ask ... "Do you wanna see something really cool? ... <CLAP CLAP> LIGHTS OFF [all lights go out]... {a little laugh} .. Heh .. that almost NEVER works!!

I'll try to get a video tomorrow... weather permitting....

Thanks for all the feed back ..

Bob

Steal away George...I'd give you what I did, but there is a reason I don't do voice overs for a living... I sound like "chew tabaca chew tabaca ...spit"...y'all