Light-O-Rama Forums

A little help with a song name

NJJohn

I hoping someone out there can help me out with this. My wife and I watched the Lifetime movie "Twelve Trees of Christmas" and towards the end of the movie there was a song that played with the opening line "grab your boots and your hats, sling your coat on your back....." My wife loved the song and would like me to sequence our lights to it but I can't find any information on it such as title or artist.....nothing. Does anyone have any idea what the name of this song is or who sings it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance and Merry Christmas.

John

Gary,

Thank you very much. I have spent two weeks searching with Google and came up empty. It took this board all of 26 minutes for someone to come up with the answer. What a wonderful place this LOR community is. Thank you thank you thank you.

Merry Christmas

John

John:  For future reference let me tell you how I found the song.  I had never heard of the movie or song but was able to find the movie on YouTube.  I found the song in the movie and while it was playing I used an app on my IPhone called Sound Hound.  While the song is playing you activate Sound Hound and it tells you the title of the song and artist.  The app is amazing; my wife uses it all the time for songs she hears on the radio or TV.  It is also nice when you hear an old song you know but can’t remember the correct title or artist.

John:  For future reference let me tell you how I found the song.  I had never heard of the movie or song but was able to find the movie on YouTube.  I found the song in the movie and while it was playing I used an app on my IPhone called Sound Hound.  While the song is playing you activate Sound Hound and it tells you the title of the song and artist.  The app is amazing; my wife uses it all the time for songs she hears on the radio or TV.  It is also nice when you hear an old song you know but can’t remember the correct title or artist.

Gary,

Thanks for the heads up about Sound Hound.  We kept the movie on the DVR until I could figure it out so I had the audio available.  We use Shazam which is a similar type of app but it sounds like yours is better.  The three or four times I tried it with the Shazam app, it kept coming back as Lifetimes Twelve Trees of Christmas.  Yeah, like that was a big help.....I already knew that information.  I'll have to try your app.  It sounds like you use Sound Hound like I use the imdb app.  It comes in real handy when you are watching something and you know you recognize a person but don't know from where.

Thanks again for the help and have a great Christmas.

John

• The topic was locked