Light-O-Rama Forums

Stand alone not starting when powered

meanmudder

I have to plug controller into computer and start the hardware ,locate the controller,click on stand alone and start sequence,then all is good .But when I shut down the power and turn it back on I have to redo all over again. Any suggestions? and how do I know what board I have?

In Light-O-Rama terms, "Stand alone" refers to the ability of CTB08D, CTB16D and CTB32LG3 controllers to have an animation sequence loaded onto the controller. You do this via the Hardware Utility / Standalone. You would then use the "Open" and "Download" buttons to select and download the sequence to the controller. The Test Sequence on/off buttons are used to test the sequence that is downloaded to the controller.

To see what type of board you have look at the top of the hardware utility. There in the drop-down will be the controllers, and their firmware versions, which also indicate the type of controller. (Since you can use "FirmwareA" on a "ControllerB")

ctb16 ver.4.o1 I think,I have a 32 channel mega tree therefore two ctb16,both different channels with the dial indicators ,downloaded the same sequence in both controller(very small ,just so all lights flash at different times),I have a breaker box dedicated to just my lights to power on and off everynight. when I power on I have half a tree until I hook up my computer and to the controller that is not working ,click on stand alone then start sequence ,and the sequence starts right up ,unplug my computer and all is good until I power down. I tried to send the switch trigger (lights on with power) ,but still everytime I power on I have to start the one controller manually.I'm just trying to figure out how to get it to come on with power like the other one

You will want to have the sequence on only one controller. It will send out the sequence to all other controllers connected to the network.

Right now you have two sequences trying to send commands out, thus the commands are colliding with each other.

They are not on network .Both stand alone,Long story short .I had to move a couple years ago and due to deaths in the family I have not been into Xmas and I am trying to get back into just can't find everything so I'm just throwing things up

• 9 months later...

You will want to have the sequence on only one controller. It will send out the sequence to all other controllers connected to the network.

Right now you have two sequences trying to send commands out, thus the commands are colliding with each other.

Don, I'm currently working on some projects using Standalone Mode on the LOR Controllers.   Are you sure this works how you have described?    I mean wouldn't that defeat the whole purpose of "Standalone?"     If you are setting up a LOR Controller in Standalone mode, and download a sequence - doesn't that sequence just run on that controller it was downloaded to in "standalone" mode.   Meaning it will not send any further commands, even if meant for different controller IDs out through LOR network.    Just curious on this.... thanks!

---Michael

I'm sure.

Each ShowTime Pro commercial controller can function independently, operate as the director unit in a multi-controller network or as an add-on unit of a larger synchronized network of controllers. [That's from the product pages.]

If you have a standalone sequence loaded into a -D series controller, it will act as a director, and send out those commands to other units connected to it. You do need at least two different ID's in the sequence, though, as the -D series controllers will not send out commands for itself over the network.