Light-O-Rama Forums

Boat Parade - Most Whimsical Trophy

flyinverted

I entered my boat in the Huntington Harbor Boat Parade this year. I had planned for a Hawaiian theme and that included a huge LED palm tree and a hula girl mannequin.  High winds prevented the palm tree from being put on the boat, but we managed to win a trophy.

I used a LOR CMB24 along with an Input Pup. With an interactive show configured, I wired up a control box with 8 momentary push buttons to run 8 different play lists.  Christmas songs, Dance songs, Lights only, Mele Kalikimaka, ALL OFF, were the main lists I used.  This allowed me to drive the boat and control what songs played when based on the area we were passing through and more appropriately so we had the right sequence playing as we passed by the judging stations.

I ran 4 10watt Floods and used 110 RGB LED modules from HolidayCoro to outline 4 sections of the windshield. 

The HH Parade route is just over 10 miles long and takes just over 3 hours to complete.

I will repost when I get better photos from the pro-photographer.

The 2013 show is done, almost all packed up, but I'm already sequencing for next year!!  It never stops.

trophy.jpg

boat-xmas.jpg

http://www.hhboatparade.org/

• The topic was locked