Light-O-Rama Forums

controller or software problem?

hondaguy929

Hi - strange problem:  controller #1 in daisy chain (but numbered 7 I think) worked fine the last few days but now will not work when sequences play. Works in utility program in the lor software package.  Sequences are unchanged for years, this is the second year for this controller in my line up. Power and data link seem fine. Just stopped working when sequences or show schedule is running. Any ideas?

Other 7 controllers work fine.

Thanks,

Phil

I had this happen on my single CCR controller...the HWU would see the controller but no commands ever made it light up. It was a bad RJ45 port connection or the Cat5 cable connection on the RJ45 connector. Make sure the finger wires are not displaced. If so, be very, very careful and pull them back into place. Check for contamination too and clean with a q-tip and alcohol.

Experiencing a similar problem.  Controller #1 in my Daisy chain of 8 is not working lights during show...  Ran Verifier and I get error messages 7, 28 and 31.  7 seems to be the killer, triggering the other errors.   It says I should unload and reload LOR - ugh.  Hoping there's a better fix.

Error 7 for "AudioConv.ocx" is just a bug in the Verifier that will be fixed in the next release.  You can ignore it. 

Also, it doesn't trigger the other errors - those are entirely different things.  Warning 28 just means you have a channel in your sequence that you didn't assign any effect events to - i.e. you just have the channel as being off for the entire sequence.  Warning 31 means you've got a channel that you've set up to use a network that you don't actually have - e.g. you've got the channel set up to use the "Aux N" network, but you don't actually have an "Aux N" network.

Did you try restarting the computer (I'm sure you did)? I know it's simple but it can make a difference in some cases.

• The topic was locked