Light-O-Rama Forums

110v Power to Controllers

Bustluvr

if there on a timer will my laptop find the controllers automatically once there turned on?

LOR (when running the show) doesn't really "find" anything.  It sends out a data stream down the wire... if there are controllers on the line and powered up, they receive the info.  If not, the bits fall of the end of the chain and pile up on the lawn :)

Short answer:  Yes, it will work fine.  But most of us find that leaving stuff on 24/7 is more reliable.  After all, the computer is basically a "timer", why have two?

LOR (when running the show) doesn't really "find" anything.  It sends out a data stream down the wire... if there are controllers on the line and powered up, they receive the info.  If not, the bits fall of the end of the chain and pile up on the lawn :)

Short answer:  Yes, it will work fine.  But most of us find that leaving stuff on 24/7 is more reliable.  After all, the computer is basically a "timer", why have two?

Exactly. +1

+2 here.  Completely agree with Tim on this one.   My controllers are powered 365/24/7, 366 in leap years. :P  :lol:

Ok thank you everyone. Fantastic info as always . timers will go away. Im getting down to crunch time. Friday my first show will come alive. HOPEFULLY......