Light-O-Rama Forums

error msg

mrforemark

A generous fellow forum member was kind enough to share his sequence on WHAT DOES THE FOX SAY.  When I loaded it there was a message that it was created with a newer version of software.  When I try to put it in a show, I get an error message and shuts down the show.  

If I purchase the $20 software upgrade, will that make it work?

All my previous years sequences work with my additional 16 channels.

thanks, Mark

What was the error message?

What version of software do you have?

It could be as simple as needing to click on Edit -> Media File to get the audio associated with the sequence.

the message is:

"ERROR SEQUENCE  ERROR PLAYING MEDIA FILE  MEDIA PLAYER CANNOT FIND THE FILE  IF YOU ARE TRYING TO PLAY, BURN, OR SYNC AN ITEM THAT IS IN YOUR LIBRARY THE ITEM MIGHT POINT TO A FILE THAT HAS.........

I only play with this thing a couple days of the year and am on overload the other 363 days on more things than I can possibly deal with.  

Thanks for any help that could be offered.  My grandson will light up like the mega tree if he hears the fox say???????

Thanks, Mark

This error message happens when the sequence has 'lost' the media file. In order to fix this, first make sure you have the media file on your computer. It would be best if you placed it in the "Audio" directory in your Light-O-Rama directory. Note you will also find a "Sequences" directory there too.

Once you've done that, open the sequence and click Edit -> Media File, and select the correct music file. Then save the sequence.

I can find it in my media player and it plays.  I can't locate the audio directory.  

When I open the sequence and click Edit, Media File, it says "Files not found.  Check the name and try again"

In my other sequences from the last two years, I'm getting very few lights coming on in my new control panel that I added this year.  The sequences are calling for lights, but few are illuminating.  

In your 'Light-O-Rama' folder, there should be a folder labeled 'audio' and a copy of your music needs to be in there.

More info would be helpful on your other issue.

In my LOR folder there are the following:

LOR Control panel

LOR Diagnostic

LOR Hardware

LOR Help

LOR Off line registration

LOR Schedule editor

LOR Sequence editor

LOR Servo dog 

LOR show editor

LOR Simple Show builder

LOR Superstar

LOR Verifier

LOR Visualizer

Any idea on how to find the "Audio file" in the folder?

Once I find it, how do I get the music file from the Windows Media player to the Audio File?

I use Apple computers and some of this stuff that should be common knowledge, is not to me.  Sorry to be so ignorant.

Your looking at the LOR program folder.  The folder you are looking for is 'Light-O-Rama' in 'My Documents' on a windows machine.  Not familiar with MAC.  This is where it saves the music and saved sequences and channel configs and such.

I got the music file put into the Audio Folder but still get the error message.  When I open the sequence editor and select this sequence, I get an error message stating that the sequence was saved using a later version of LOR software.  It may contain features that this version will ignore.  

Does that suggest that I need an upgraded version of software?

It was a gift from a fellow forum member.

I did get the music moved over thanks to you and your help.  Now the sequence is missing from my Show Builder. 

The Simple Show Builder can ONLY see sequences in your 'default' Sequences directory. (More info)

I would suggest the following:

1) Change the location of your default LOR Data Directories. Instructions here.

2) Open the sequences again in the Sequence Editor and Edit -> Media File.

3) Try the Simple Show Builder again.

The error message about 'created with a different version' is just a warning that the version of software you are using may not have all of the features of the software version used to create the sequence. Nothing more. You do *not* need to upgrade the software to run the sequence. [While there are some exceptions to the rule, I doubt many new folks would run into them.]