Light-O-Rama Forums

Easy Light Linker not functioning right

mcnamara9

I sync 3 other houses on my street together.  The last house (125' from mine) and I have 3 year old ELL's and for some reason, they don't seem to work consistently (they didn't last year either).  I can't seem to figure out why.  We adjust them to make sure they have clear line of sight and at first, they work flawlessly, but as the evening goes on, their house no longer stays in perfect sync with the other houses and it falls behind and sometimes the commands get stuck for a moment... and then sorts itself out and works for awhile again.  It's weird.  Has anyone else had similar issues?   A few more pieces of info:

• We both use 20' CAT5e cable to connect to our controllers
  • There is clear line of sight
  • His unit is 6' off the ground and mine is 7' off the ground
  • I use the jack farthest from the hole in the cover to connect my CAT5e on both (does that make a difference)
  • One of the other houses also uses ELL with mine and it always works great (it's only a 75' distance and he puts his ELL on the ground next to the controller and it works great)
  • Some songs stay on que better than others.  Not sure why.  The intro (slow song) and Wizards (fast song) both have problems so I don't think it's the amount of data transmitting.

Questions:

1. Would firmware updates make a difference?  
  2. If I upgrade one, do I have to upgrade all 3 ELLS (mine and the two neighbors)?
  3. Should I plug into a different jack on the ELL unit?
  4. Anything else I should try that could help?

Are you using one as a repeater?  If not that may help on the far ends.  Check out the manual on the LOR website for config info..