Light-O-Rama Forums

PLAYED OUT!

upsdude9351

Does anyone have any ideas on newer songs other than the played out TSO songs (still love them),, that they are running this year? IDK if if have time to do Dubstep or Skrilex, just looking for new and fresh ideas here? = )

Watch a few of my videos in the Christmas display section I have a few dubstep Christmas songs like dance of the sugar plum and deck the halls

Good luck I only did 1 TSO song for that reason it seems they are over done lol

I've been hearing that TSO is overdone ever since I first came on board in 2008.  But you know what?  The people sitting at the curb watching the lights most definitely don't feel that way.  Don't believe me? Ask them.  I have, and still do on a regular basis, and I've yet to hear anyone say they were tired of anything TSO. Quite the opposite actually. Fireflies and Winter Palace are probably two of the three most popular songs I have in this year's rotation. Just last night I visited for quite a while with a nice lady and her three kids and she specifically mentioned Wizards, asking me where it was this year. I haven't gotten it updated yet with the display changes, but after speaking with her, and considering Sharon's seemingly non-stop questions asking where it is, I think I'll get it done today. Just saying...

And I'll +1 on what George said.

90% of my show is TSO and the viewers love it all because they only get to see/hear it one month a year. AND it's not like every house around me (none within many miles) does an animated light show anyway.

TSO's music has the power in their music to move people.

And Winter Palace (thank you George) is a great addition to my TSO collection.

Crank it up and enjoy the show!!! B)

Ours is a hobby where the participants are extremely talented and creative. But, we are quick to settle into ruts, steal ideas from others, and compromise.

I when you look at the sequences, there are about a dozen populars and that is it. Occasionally, there will be a new sequence that will become the new hot and everybody will scramble to use it in their shows.

Sheesh, is it asking to much for us to have original ideas. Apparently so.

If you don't like TSO, try the Florin Street Band or Gary Hoey. The Christmas Jug Band or Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. Brian Setzer or Mannheim Steamroller.

There are thousands of artists performing millions of arrangements. We should not limit ourselves to WIW because....

And to say "limit yourselves to WIW because...."

THAT's your own limit.

If I had to decide to only one song. That would be it. No other song has met that limit IMHO. Some will ask to differ, but reality is what it is.

I'm betting it's the most widely used song/sequence and videos/threads prove it.

So limit yourself to the top of the bar if you use WIW.

I do, and proud to do so.

It's a good and powerful song for the season, every season. Not a popular fad for one year like some songs each year.

Folks here are likely more bored by TSO than 99% of the those watching from the curb.

I've only been doing this a year and I suspect I've listened to some of the selections 100 times... Some people here that have been doing this for a while have probably exceeded that :-)