Light-O-Rama Forums

Show not starting at scheduled Time, but is enabled

wt1924

Hello,

I can't find what's different. Last week my show started as scheduled, but the last few days the lights are not starting as scheduled. The show is scheduled, it's enabled, it says the show is running, but lights and sound is not running. If I stop the show then enable show, everything starts up. What Happened? Please Help.

Sorry, Running 3.10.6 on windows 8.

Just wondering...are your controllers powered up already BEFORE you turn on the computer and the Show Control Panel loads? I'm thinking that possibly it might get confused, expecting to find the controllers present and ready to run when the control panel starts up and the controllers aren't there yet.

I AM SORRY GUYS! In a panic I posted. After an hour of trying to figure it out and I couldn't find anything from searching the forums, I asked you guys. But, I am pretty sure my computer was going to sleep. I changed the setting and last night it started with no problems. Last weekend I was there so no problems. This weekend I didn't bother it so last Friday and Saturday it didn't start, but it was anabled. After stopping the sleep function no problems on starting Sunday night, other than the ice/rain storm kicked the GFI. Thanks for posting!

Yep, that will do it! When we set up a computer as a show computer there are a couple things to do. One is not to go to sleep, and another is to turn off all the windows generated noises. Nothing like having a windows generated beep or boop right in the middle of your show. Also disable automatic windows update as that often results in a reboot.

OK, I have to tell the funny story. A year or so I was still getting a new to me computer setup as a show computer. The way I have my show computer set up, the normal LOR user ID is quite restricted, so to do most windows setup or software installation, I have to log in as administrator. Also almost everything I do with that computer is done remotely ( I don't even have a mouse, keyboard, or monitor connected to it). I had previously killed all the windows noises on the LOR account. So I'm doing a bunch of stuff as administrator that resulted in several reboots. And I'm doing this from 25 miles from home. After about a half hour I get this phone call from one of my boys wondering why he keeps hearing (loudly) windows startup and shutdown noises along with various beeps and boops coming from the front yard. You guessed it, I had not silenced all the windows noises on the administrator account. And my 300 watts of amplifier were doing exactly what they are supposed to do... Next thing I did was to silence all the windows noises from the administrator account...

Even though the problem was fixed it's worth it to check a few other things when you have an issue like this (Since this will be a very searchable thread).

In addition to what was already said;

• Make sure your computer time is correct
  • Make sure the computer is clean of any and all viruses, spyware and malware etc...
  • If you are using a dedicated show computer; Make sure to prune down any extra or un-needed software that could interfere with your show (go to Add/ Remove programs in the control panel)
  • If you are using a dedicated show computer you may want to disconnect it's internet connection. I just turn mine on long enough for the Google Drive to sync every few days.

• In LOR make sure to "load all sequences" with your show. This is especially true if your show computer isn't very powerful. Last year I had a 20 second gap in songs while the next sequence loaded!