Light-O-Rama Forums

Object variable or With block variable not set

boborino

I keep getting this error when I try to use any keystrokes like copy/paste etc.  I've tried looking at keyboard shortcuts, and the page is blank.  I've completely uninstalled LOR...run the cleanup tool and re-install and re-registered it, but no help.  I've attached a screenshot of the error.

post-4924-0-43438100-1386355199_thumb.jp

Boborino...don't know if this will help, but I had issues with cutting and pasting, and it had alot to do with the amount of RAM available on the sequencer...trying attaching this patch  http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php to the .exe  file of the sequencer, and see if it helps...it certainly won't hurt.    BOB may come in and be able to decipher the error, but sounds like you don't what you can to this point

What version of LOR are you using?

Does it happen when you try to copy/paste in other ways, or does it successfully copy/paste in those cases? For example, if you click the "Copy" and "Paste" buttons on the toolbar.

When you go into the Keyboard Preferences dialog, do you mean the whole thing is blank, or do you mean the section where you'd expect to see your key mappings is blank? If just that one section is blank, then what is the "Active keyboard map" section set to? Try setting it to "Use the default map" if it's not already that.  If it is already that, try "Use the keyboard map from a particular version", and make sure some version is chosen in the dropdown box associated with it.

I have attached a pic of what I see.  If I select Copy and Paste from the edit menu it works fine.  If I try to add a keyboard shortcut, it give that object error.

post-4924-0-30310100-1386363116_thumb.jp

What version of LOR are you using?

Does it happen when you try to copy/paste in other ways, or does it successfully copy/paste in those cases? For example, if you click the "Copy" and "Paste" buttons on the toolbar.

When you go into the Keyboard Preferences dialog, do you mean the whole thing is blank, or do you mean the section where you'd expect to see your key mappings is blank? If just that one section is blank, then what is the "Active keyboard map" section set to? Try setting it to "Use the default map" if it's not already that.  If it is already that, try "Use the keyboard map from a particular version", and make sure some version is chosen in the dropdown box associated with it.

Don't know if you saw my previous post, but I'm doing a quote reply to hopefully ping you on it.  I'm running 3.10.14 advanced.  I've tried multiple versions just to make sure.  Do you use Java or flash?  I was wondering if I should reload those?

Hmmm, very strange.  What happens if you change to "Use the keyboard map from another version", and select the "3.0.0" entry?

We use neither Java nor Flash.

OK, I've just looked at the code, and I think that perhaps you have a certain standard Windows component that is misinstalled or misconfigured.  Please try the suggestion on the following page:

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/8977-error-saving-sequence-activex-component-cant-create-object/

That page describes a different error than you're seeing, but I think they're both symptoms of the same underlying cause.