Light-O-Rama Forums

E1.31 Software Version

technoj

Hello

I am thinking about setting up E1.31 for my LOR system but was not sure if my Basic license can support it. Can anyone help?

Techno...I don't think it does...not sure if the E1.31 falls under DMX, as you do configure the network under the DMX heading, and if that is the case, you will need the advanced software.

http://www1.lightorama.com/sequencing-suite-software/   look under hardware, nothing specific to 1.31 but that is my best guess...I'm under the advanced license and use 1.31, so I can't say with 100% certainty if that is the case, but I'm sure Don or Bob  or Mike will jump in on this.

Techno...in reviewing, 1.31 falls under NATIVE DMX device, which does require Advanced Software   there is something called   DMX vis iDMX1000   that can be run with the basic license, but its not 1.31

• Like 1

This is correct - any use of a non-LOR device (other than via the iDMX) requires the advanced license.

I should add (why the heck can't we edit posts here???) that the advanced license is well worth the money for many other reasons as well.

• Like 1

This is correct - any use of a non-LOR device (other than via the iDMX) requires the advanced license.

I should add (why the heck can't we edit posts here???) that the advanced license is well worth the money for many other reasons as well.

Wow! Thanks Tim! I live in the Twin Cities too and have seen your display several times and love it. I actually modeled my display after yours! :). One question. I have a sandevices controller for my pixel lights (discovered it on your site) and was wondering if I can hook up the iDMX to the controller or to something like your north poles.

Thanks,

Technoj

Wow! Thanks Tim! I live in the Twin Cities too and have seen your display several times and love it. I actually modeled my display after yours! :). One question. I have a sandevices controller for my pixel lights (discovered it on your site) and was wondering if I can hook up the iDMX to the controller or to something like your north poles.

Thanks,

Technoj

Wow, thanks for the very kind words.  I didn't even notice that your profile said "Twin Cities" when I first replied.  (And sorry for the comment about editing posts - I originally had that in a second post because I couldn't edit it - and looks like a mod combined them which makes me look totally incoherent lol)

Anyway, the short answer is that if you have an E682 controller, you don't need the iDMX so long as you have an available "cluster" (group of 4 outputs) on that controller.  You can assign one or more clusters to a DMX universe on that board.  Then you can feed standard DMX devices.  I have a couple of iDMX's because at one time that was the only way to get LOR software to 'speak' DMX, and I've just kept using them (there are still valid uses for them today too but not as many as there used to be). 

I'd love to find out more about where you're display is located if you wouldn't mind sharing.  If you don't want to post it publicly a PM would be fine.  Good luck with your show!

-Tim