Importing Config doesn't include networks?

PaulXmas

When I first set up for halloween I had issues with 1/2 my yard.

I added another network and the problem sort of went away.

It turned out to be a connection on one of the controllers.

My problem: I save the config with new network but when I import it I have to add the network back manually!

For example:

Reg network had all my controllers on it.

I had 4 networks for my 5 CCRs

I devided my reg network in 1/2  Reg and Aux E

Save and then try to import to the new sequence and the Aux E doesn't come over. All CCRs do just fine.

?????

The network assigned to each channel? Or the network configuration of which com port? The first one works fine, and I use it all the time. The second one is not part of the export/import configuration process.

The physical com port setup is going to be different on every computer, so we can't move that from machine to machine.  

On each machine you use that has an RS485 adapter on it, you have to set up the Network Preferences to point the correct COM port to the correct LOR network.

• 5 months later...

I can understand the com ports not being transferred, but why not all the DMX settings?  I have uploaded files to another laptop and lost all the universe assignments and ip address information that were in the configuration file.  I have tried to reload the network preferences saved and still not able to get everything together.  There has got to be something missing.  I have a USB adapter hooked up.  I am not finding the comm listener running on the new laptop either?  where do you find that file to get it loaded and running?  I have gone back and added the DMX IP address info for each universe, saved the sequence, exited the SE, and restarted.  Checked the windows task manager and now the comm listener is running.  Am i going to have to do this for all my sequences?   I hope not?