Light-O-Rama Forums

Password protect sequences?

ToddH

I know there is a way to protect a sequence but you can't just unprotect it to edit it, is there a way to password protect them?

[Admin Edit: Changed can to can't.]

The only way I know is to export as protected sequence. This "protected" sequence can not be edited or modify. The sequence cells are block or removed. You can go to the channel configuration and see the setup, but can't modify that either. I don't know of any "password" protected option that will unlock the sequence to be edited.

The only way I know is to export as protected sequence. This "protected" sequence can not be edited or modify. The sequence cells are block or removed. You can go to the channel configuration and see the setup, but can't modify that either. I don't know of any "password" protected option that will unlock the sequence to be edited.

So then the seq itself is locked down, and the only way to edit it would be to use the original file before it was protected. So if I wanted to protect my work on a business level, I would protect the seq but just keep the original file for future editing for that client if it required/requested it? 

• Like 1

Exactly! You give them the protected file and keep the original.

Ok that will work just as well then. Thanks for the response Kevin.