Light-O-Rama Forums

OK I am baffled and ready to give up

bdeditch

OK I am have no idea what is going on so I am going to post this here and other forums to see what I am doing wrong and hopefully someone else had this happen to them.

I have been having a problem with LOR not wanting to play a sequence in the show editor. What I have been doing is this. I have 6 LOR controllers, one Enttec Pro that I use for my dumb RGB strip, and added this year 24 1.31 universes that is been run by 2 Joshua P12R that controls a 180 degree model pixel tree. I have also been using Nutcracker to program my effects on the 24 universes. I am using the same sequences from last year, the only thing different is I made a new channel configuration to include the extra 24 universes, and I put these on a separate track, so each of my new sequences will have 2 tracks, first one has all of the LOR controllers and the Enttec Pro dongle (Universe 1), second track has all of the other 24 universes (universes 2 to 25) for the pixel tree. Everything is configured right in LOR configured right in the LOR Network preferences and in Nutcracker

I have gone into Xlights and configured my model just to include the pixel tree at 24 universes. I have gone into convert, making sure my audio is in the Nutcracker file, and converted it into a *.xseq file. After I am done everything as far as effects go, I have exported it. I go back into LOR Sequence editor, open the LMS sequence file I used to convert in nutcracker, go to track 2 (change to timing grid to a fixed grid, this could be my first mistake, but I have found if I use the copy timing from track one, the copy and pasting does not work right in track 2), open the LMS file I exported (Not Export model) from nutcracker, copy and paste it. Yes it takes a while to save it now due to size. I try it out and it plays in the sequence editor and it plays fine.

Now I go into my show editor, add the sequences I want, save everything, and done. Now the problems start, my show comes on, sequences, all have the extra 24 universes, start to play and then all of a sudden the com listener shuts down when it comes to a song and none of the lights work. I have to go in and unload LOR Control panel and open Control Panel up again, and the show starts again from the first song in my show editor. I am completely baffled what is going on here, I am sure it is something I am doing wrong, but what??

I also just upgraded my LOR software to the newest 3.10.14 advanced, I was using 3.8.2 while doing all of this.

Did you install the 4 gig patch and point it to LOR? If you updated yo a newer version of LOR you will need to reinstall that patch.

Jeff

Did you install the 4 gig patch and point it to LOR? If you updated yo a newer version of LOR you will need to reinstall that patch.

Jeff

and where do I find this patch

I also have to ask the question - what patch? I don't understand the need for a patch. If a change has been made to the LOR software, I would "assume" that the change has been incorporated into the latest release. Also, I am having extensive problems getting LOR to run my show this year. I also have gone to a high channel count. The problem that I run into is the extreme delay while the show loads the next file (up to 1 minute of dead time). And yes I am using compressed files. I am also using a new high end PC with lots of memory, a fast processor, and even a solid state hard drive. Still these delays haunt me.

I also have to ask the question - what patch? I don't understand the need for a patch. If a change has been made to the LOR software, I would "assume" that the change has been incorporated into the latest release. Also, I am having extensive problems getting LOR to run my show this year. I also have gone to a high channel count. The problem that I run into is the extreme delay while the show loads the next file (up to 1 minute of dead time). And yes I am using compressed files. I am also using a new high end PC with lots of memory, a fast processor, and even a solid state hard drive. Still these delays haunt me.

Pretty sure it is a patch for XLIGHTS - not LOR,which would/does include patches in newer releases.

Pretty sure it is a patch for XLIGHTS - not LOR,which would/does include patches in newer releases.

No it is for LOR, I just got the instructions.

IT is a patch that will apply 4 gigs of ram to an exe file. If you watch LOR when it load a sequence using pixel its huge and will go over the amount of ram needed to start up. LOR is assigned to 2 gig. There are many topic's on this patch and how to install on the forum. Make sure you have enough ram on your computer because windows will need it to run. I will see if I can find the post in here and post it.

Jeff

IT is a patch that will apply 4 gigs of ram to an exe file. If you watch LOR when it load a sequence using pixel its huge and will go over the amount of ram needed to start up. LOR is assigned to 2 gig. There are many topic's on this patch and how to install on the forum. Make sure you have enough ram on your computer because windows will need it to run. I will see if I can find the post in here and post it.

Jeff

That would be great, now will I have to do anything with the existing sequences e.g redo them, or it should just fix it for me.

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/28077-20000-plus-channelsi-need-help/?hl=patch#entry263779

No your sequences will be fine.Like I said know how much ram you have on your machine before installing this patch. The link I provided will point you in the right direct and which exe file it needs to be pointed to.

Jeff

You can watch it work and load up in your task manager. LOR starts to crash around 2gig and many of my sequences will push into 3.2 gig. This will help you sequence your show while using copy and paste of the rgb lights.

Hope it helps you as it has many on here. Andy Harrison gets all the things for showing me the way.. I dont crash anymore!!!!

I saw your post in facebook did the file load and play ok for you now that you loaded the patch? I feel sure it did .... LOL

Thank you so much everyone, I thought I was the only one with this problem. I guess there are many, its to bad it has to be that way.

The copy and paste went real fast, the saving and opening are still slow, but better.

Yes it still takes a little time to open and close but copy and paste uni's will be great in sequencing. Watch that task manager and when you are around 3 gig go ahead and save and close your sequence. Hate to see you lose all that hard work.

Let me know how your show runs now.

If your show machine has the same amount of Ram I would patch it to. The sequence is fine moving from one machine to the next. On the show machine make sure the compressed sequences are checked and let it run the full show one time and you should be fine.

Jeff

• Like 1

If your show machine has the same amount of Ram I would patch it to. The sequence is fine moving from one machine to the next. On the show machine make sure the compressed sequences are checked and let it run the full show one time and you should be fine.

Jeff

Well do.

I dd notice that after running the show for 3 days, even with the patch, it started to hiccup between songs, would take a minute, sometimes 2...so I unloaded the control panel, did a restart, and then loaded the control panel, and last nights show went silky smooth, so if you see the hiccup during the show, just unload and do a restart of the computer.

thevikester,

This memory leak problem has been going on with LOR S3 for years now.  They put in a new option to restart the show monitor if there are no shows going on within the next 60 seconds.  However, this does not fix the problem at all.  I was excited hoping that this new option would have taken care of the issue, but that is not the case.  You still need to reboot to clear the memory.

I setup a scheduled task that runs a batch file to reboot the machine 30 minutes prior to showtime.  It resolves the issue quite well.  Unfortunate that it is required....

WOW.. Have not seen this issue yet and we started Thanksgiving Night with the show. Please keep us updated Vikester.

Jeff